icon

Memphis reliabilty?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
big paulo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have done plenty of work on my past cars and helped with some installs but this is going to be my 1st solo....want to get the right equip and take it slow....nothin but time...2nd car that im making daily drive (90 lincoln town car cartier ed.) Anyway ive made major mistakes in choices in my past systems and I wanted to run this set up by you guys before i purchase today online...tried to do the best research i could defineltly use the input. PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P770MP $229 IPOD INTERFACE (5G) $84 MB DKE-168 5X7 $99 DTE-169 6X9 $129 MEMPHIS BELLE 16-MCH1300 (BLACK PEARL) $764 KICKER SOLO 05S12L5 - 2OHM $169 KICKER SINGLE 12" LONG PORT MDF $50 KICKER CK-4 GA AMP KIT $159 DYNAMAT TRUNK KIT $65 The 2 companys online assured me that they have the equipment in stock and is not refurb trash or "b" stock...(WoofersEct.com & sonicelectrnix.com) I want to build a system with moderate/good sq and want to keep it under $2000 without doing too much backpeddling later....would rather go with a decnt 6 1/2 in the front but I really dont know about clearance. Also I choose the kicker sub/enc because I know I can dump it quickly to any kid out here when I am ready to upgrade financially TO A 1OHM SET UP. Any warnings and comments about the system or companys would be greatly appreciated....especially feedback on this amp I have never used memphis before and not that much info available online, but I want a good amp for the duration....and what I have read it souds like its sik with it. Thanx
Paul
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
The Memphis Belle is an excellent amplifier.
Support the12volt.com
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Man .....be carefull buyin all that stuff on line....research the manufacturers web sites to be sure this is legit.  To be sure the manufacture allows internet sales. Thats a lot of money to gamble on!  You'll love the Mephis belle!
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

i personally have a memphis amp( 1000D).. i luv mine but its only running at 2 ohms so its only making about 600 watts instead of the 1100 watts @ 1 ohm.. the memphis belle is an excellent choice.. it should hold up just fine.. the local shop here sells them all the time.. as its not a big amp like a rockford so its alot easier to hide if your looking to do that

personally i don't recommend buying online car audio ecspecially as much money as your looking to spend...  i don't think memphis allows internet sales to be honest.. i'll ask the guys at the car audio shop just to be sure... but from someone local.. most car audio shops can get just about any kind of equipment even if they don't carry memphis..

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
memphis will not warranty any purchase made on line. but s will give a one year warranty. the question is their warranty any good??
big paulo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed that memphis did not list these guys as authorized dealers, but both offering 1 year warrenty and all equipment.....i cant seem to find any negative feedback but that does not say much........sonic is member of bbb with no negative feebacks and with thier prices i would imagine that they have quite a bit of customers that could have been pissed over one thing or another.........my locals want the full $1100 for the amp....woofers ect $760
Paul
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
two cents . . . not sure why the one ohm is an "upgrade". I don't recommend running anything below 2 ohms, even if the amp(s) are rated for it. The reasons are listed in other posts. Don't wreck a quality sounding amp by loading the crap out of it.
Memphis makes some great products.
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
being listed in the BBB does not mean anything. Except they paid $$$ for a listing.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

menace2sobriety wrote:
being listed in the BBB does not mean anything. Except they paid $$$ for a listing.

I love it.....

darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
eh, kicer subs aren't really SQ subs... drop all the 5x7s and 6x9s and crap and get 1 good pair of componnets, run them in your doors. Skip the Kicker (the kicker L series subs are unreliable and NOT the sub you want if your going for a setup with decent sq) sub and get this a dayton sub http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-404
, DO NOT GE THAT AMP KIT... $159 for a fricken amp kit?! guh! http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKo-K4 $21.99, shipping is at a flat rate, and they ship fast! Thats really all i can suggest... I'm pretty sure CDT makes a 6x9 component set as well, but if you go with components your going to want to add another amp, you should really add another amp for your door/reardeck and such speakers, really improves sound.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic