icon

remote start not starting car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imracerx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys have a Viper 791 XV. Installed a while back and never has any issues. last night before i was leving, i pushed the remote start:  It attempted to start car, meaning it turned over but just before actually kicking in to complete start, it stops and my car ends up not starting. I have done nothing whatsoever to anything that may have caused this. I had just recently started maybe 1 hour earlier and no problem. The weather is nice not cold out down here in Fort Lauderdale and in fact when i regular start the car with key, it starts right up with no hesitation.  It almost seems like the alarm could use a little more time turning over perhaps half second. Can someone here help????????? Please i use the feature all the time. Its not under warranty because i had the guy come over my house since its a manual drive. I am assuming the larm unit has a nob of such kind that i can increase the amount of "engine to turn over" in order to get it to start. anyone with knowlege please help  thanks RX
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
 do you have the owners manual, or install manual? most alarms have a program menu that you have to use the remotes to change the program settings.
jmacf14
imracerx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  

jmacf14 wrote:
 do you have the owners manual, or install manual? most alarms have a program menu that you have to use the remotes to change the program settings.

well ihave not tried looking up the manual online, i figured this route would be easier since you guys know this stuff pretty well. I will say that i have changed no settings or anything like that. its worked for 2 years on my G35 flawlessly and all of a sudden last night it just didnt start the car. I was thinking it  at first it was the "service turn off switch" just in case the mechanics hit the buttons and takes off on them (its a manual G35) but when i flipped the switch it just would allow the start engine to initiate so thats not it, i also tried pushing in the clutch prior to engine start attempt thinking it was the wire leading to the clutch and nothing. Lastly i'm now thinking it could be a fuse just for the remote sart but i really have no idea where that would be.  I am positive someone here can help me.  thanks again RX

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
take it back to the installer or place you bought it.  They should get you straightened out.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
imracerx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

OhioMike1101 wrote:
take it back to the installer or place you bought it.  They should get you straightened out.

Thats the thing, as stated in my post above, i had the installer come to my house since remote start is illegal at shops with manual trasmission in case its in gear at start time anyway, This was up in Gainesville fl and have no idea how i would get with him. I need to find out from you guys please. I am sure someone knows whats up.  Thanks RX

imracerx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
has no one got an answer for this problem? I know someone has to.  Thanks RX
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
there is an option for increasing your crank time in the programming menu, sounds like this is your issue. Programming uses your valet button and the ignition.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
imracerx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Hornshockey wrote:
there is an option for increasing your crank time in the programming menu, sounds like this is your issue. Programming uses your valet button and the ignition.

Thanks but i fixed it. It was actually the ring around the ignition which somehow got too far away for it to be rocognized. Thanks  RX

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic