icon

ultrastart 1270 tach lock out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shott8283 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys... working on a 2001 kia sportage... finishing the install tonight,, working out the alarm set off while start issue... got that done with supplying 12volts to the key sense wire in the key cylender.     .. tried to start it to test it.. and now im getting a diagnostic flash sequence..  7 flashes... in the install man. it tells me i got a   "tach lock out"    have NO clue what that is .. any help?  already tried reseting the system..and check all the wiring..  double checked... and even tried to disconnect the keysense wire and still no joy... the tach signal comes the from diagnostic hookup in the engine bay... any dieas?  thanks fellas
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

WIRE WIRE COLOR LOCATION

12V CONSTANT WIRE WHITE/ RED Ignition Harness

STARTER WIRE BLACK/ RED Ignition Harness

12V IGNITION WIRE BLACK / YELLOW Ignition Harness

SECOND IGNITION WIRE BLACK/ WHITE Ignition Harness

THIRD IGNITION WIRE LT.GREEN/ BLACK or GREEN (key sense

wire)

Ignition Harness

• Key sense wire must be energized as a second ignition wire to disarm the factory security without unlocking the doors when remote

starting the vehicle.

ACCESSORY WIRE BLUE Ignition Harness

POWER DOOR LOCK (-) WHITE/ RED In Harness Coming Into Vehicle From

Driver’s Door

POWER DOOR UNLOCK (-) RED / GREEN In Harness Coming Into Vehicle From

Driver’s Door

PARKING LIGHTS (+) BLUE / YELLOW Behind Dimmer Switch

DOOR TRIGGER (-) YELLOW /GREEN Harness In Driver’s Kick Panel

TRUNK TRIGGER (-) GREEN/ YELLOW At Rear Dome Light

FACTORY ALARM ARM Arms with lock

FACTORY ALARM DISARM Disarms with unlock In Harness Coming Into Vehicle From

Driver’s Door

TACHOMETER WIRE YELLOW/WHITE At Test Connector On Driver’s Rear Of

Engine Bay

BRAKE WIRE (+) ORANGE At Brake Pedal Switch

HORN TRIGGER (-) WHITE/ BLACK Harness Coming From Steering Wheel At

Steering Column

• If vehicle is equipped with knee air-bag system, do not disconnect.

jmacf14
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
that diagnostic code means that the unit is not recieving a tach signal.  double check that you have the correct yellow/white wire at  test connector on drivers rear of engine bay, then double check that you have a good soldered joint at that wire.    good luck
jmacf14
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
thanks!!!  i checked and its the right wire..but i didnt solder it... ill go out and solder it.   im confused though.. why would the brain be looking for a tach signal  before startup?   thanks again! 
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Also, make sure you do tach learn before you try to remote start it. I didn't see in your post where you said you did that. Normally when you first plug in the module and then start the vehicle with the key it will look for a tach signal then(the led's on the antenna will stay on as well as the park lights, then cut off after about 30seconds). Once the signal is learned, you can test it. If it hasn't done this part, it will give you the tach lockout code.
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

oh yea the tach learn... i did it over and over again.. after each reset i did it and seemed as if there was no change...even cleared the diagnostic code memory (in the RS brain) everytime too...

1 try starting... parks come on.  dash lights come on  standard warning lights come on and it would sit there and nothing will happen then like 10 seconds later .. it will flash the parks 7 times ... "tach lock out"

2 get in the car turn the key on off on off on hit the program button (on the antenna) once then hit it again and hold it untill hte parks will flash 3 times... system reset...

3 turn key from off to on  press release program button   parks flash 3 times.  led's on antenna will flash the same number of times that the diagnostic code that is stored.    press and hold the program button untill parks flash 1 time (5 times) 

4 start the car with the key  apply brake and put in reverse (lower rpm) untill 30 secs the parks will flash 3 times lettin me know it has found a good tach source and has learned the tach idle   .. wait about 10 to 15 seconds and turn off the car

5 step 1 repeats itself.......

only other thing i can think of.. is that during the week my aunt was driving the truck noramlly but not using the RS (i told her not to untill i could get back out to her house and fix the -RS alarm issue-  witch she didnt use one day her blower motor started to smoke and (it has been steadily going before i put the RS in,  before she would only get the blower to turn on when the knob was set at 4... settins 1 2 and 3 didnt work at all i think it was thursday of last week she was driving to work and the blower motor started to smoke so bad she had to pull over and  .. eventually drove it back to the  house... there was ashes and black shhh all in the truck... so im thinking... that the blower motor melted the hell outa some wires and really messing up the trucks elect system... but .. enough to make the tach signal wire meter out 12volts when the key is turned to acc/on/start   .. thats beside me...

shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

btt

shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
bump  need help!
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Don't know what to say about the blower motor. I see in step 4 where you did the low tach learn, but after you reset everything, did you start the vehicle, leave it in park and let it tach learn on it's own? That's the normal way to do it after the system is reset. If you have problems after that with it overcranking, then you the low idle(tach) learn. If that doesn't work then I don't have any other options for you. Maybe someone else will though.
shott8283 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
no worries.. shes trading in the kia for a better car... thanks though!  im sending back the unit for a new one just to be on the safe side

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic