icon

autotran bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aasaro4 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

I have an ultrastart installed , and it works good , but i can't get the transpnonder bypass to work. if anyone can help ... just wondering if anyone has run into the same problem and if there is an obvious fix

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry but my crystal ball is not working today. Year/make and model of vehicle?
aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
its a 2003 honda accord, the remote start is ultrastart 1300 series. the instrucions tell me what every wire is but i dont know where to hook them
aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2006 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

To be more specitic these are the wires that im not sure where to hook..............

Coming off the remote starter:

1.Orange (ground while running output)

2.WHITE/ violet (ground while running output)

3.black (ground output)

4. red (12volt output)

Coming off the transponder bypass

1.black (it says too hook this up to the "ground while running output from remote starter" which one?? or both??

2. red (it says too hook up to 12volt constant, do i hook it to the one above or any 12 volt constant??

Also is the signal strong enough from the wire that goes around the key cylinder that it will work as long as its around the cylinder or should it be around a specific part??

aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
Ive tried every combination and still nothing.....any ideas??
aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know of any tech assistance for this transponder?? Ive searched the net and I got nothing
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
What key are you using in the bypass box? Are you using one of the keys with the remote control built into the head or are you using a valet key?
WHITE/ violet --> black on bypass module
red --> red on bypass module
aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
Iam using on of the keys with the remote contol built into it, and i tried to hook the wires up that way and it still didn't work, im wondering if i have the right one, are they all universal or no, inside the transponder it says " ford transponder"
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
You are using a key that cost over $100 to replace. You probably only have 1 key remaining. If you loose that key you are screwed. Do one of the following:
1. Go to Honda and tell them you want a key made that doesn't have the remote built into it. Around my area they are usually $22-$28.
2. By a bypass module that doesn't require a key. Look for a PKH3. It works the best (compared to DEI's 556H) and is really easy to install. Usally retails for about $40 or so.
What is the model # of the bypass module you are using? A link to a picture might help. I'm starting to wonder why its says "Ford Transponder"
aasaro4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Got it to work, the antenna wire that goes around the ignition was bad, i went and bought a new one and put the new antenna on the old module and it works great, but yes i plan on getting a valet key made, i just wanted to get it going , but thanks for the help

I learned a good lesson, put a little more trust in your work and a little less in the equipment!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic