04 Civic Kenwood Amp + Speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blk04civiclx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I just purchased a KAC-9152D  Kenwood mono amp, and also have a Audiobahn a400dt 2 Channel amp hooked up to my MTX audio Thunder8000 10 inch 400rms sub.  ( I know, I heard audiobahn and Kenwood sux, but too late now =( )

Anyway My plan is to switch out the audiobahn amp and to hook up the Kenwood amp to my subs, and then use my audiobahn amp to power my new Infinity 6010cs 6.5inch Component speakers. 

I am going to get a 4 guage amp kit along with a distribution block to hook everything up.

As of right now my amp is hooked up with a 8uage power wire. 

Where do I put my distribution block?

Anyone know how to hook up the components?

Rip off my door?

how do i wire my speakers?

lol wow im a newb..

Please help lol

-Mike 

m.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
hello, your distribution block will go inthe trunk next to your amps.   and your component set i beleive comes wiht a cross over that has a spot that says input or amp, then you should have 2 out puts that say woofer and the other says tweeter.  input comes from your amp and the other two go to where you want them to for the speakers .  i beleive with that car..not 100% but it should be a cover that you can pop off the door that covers your speaker.  my friends 01 civic si is like that. just have to be carefull when takeing that off. other then that you don't need to remove the door panel (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) 
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
blk04civiclx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

Where do I mount my amps at ? on back of my seat? do i have to drill?

So, 4 guage power wire all the way to my trunk, connected to a distribution block and 2 8 guage power wires into my 2 amps.. I think that is right?

16 guage wire is good for my components right?

m.
tomfin2000 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Go to Crutchfield and order the Master Sheets for the 2004 Civic.  It will be the best $5 to $10 you ever spent on either your car or your system.  These sheets tell you EXACTLY how to take the car apart in order to get to everything you need complete with accurate pictures and diagrams.

If you DON'T do this, I can promise you that you will either damage your equipment, your car, yourself or all of the above.  Trust me, when you see what's REALLY holding the interior of the 2004 Civic together, you're going to be ready to fall over.  It's 10% metal screws and 90% cheap plastic clips that will break right off if you don't take the pieces apart and reattach them properly.

If you DON'T have the patience to wait for the master sheets to arrive (it should take less than a week), then you shouldn't be doing this and you need to find a good installer in your area.

I'm not trying to scare you out of installing your gear, because once you have the right info and the right tools, it's relatively easy to do basic installations (including installing amps and running cables).  However, you HAVE to have the right info and the right tools before you even ATTEMPT to do it.

blk04civiclx 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hello THanks for the advice,

Just bought the master sheets from Crutchfield and their on the way.  How accurate are those sheets? Do they provide alot of information or just a jist? 

And does anyone know which 6X9 speakers are good?  Im looking at the Kickers Ks693's  Any suggestions?

Also does anyone know how many and which size AGU fuses I should use for my distribution block?

Im gonna have my audiobahn 100X2 Rms @ 4ohm to my infinity components Then possibly Kenwood 500X 1 Rms  @ 4 ohm to my Mtx Sub.  And then I plan to add on another amp for my 6X9's Probably 100X2 Rms again to the Kickers. 

Please help THANKS!!

m.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic