2005 Dodge Ram 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
warrenb 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Hi

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with the Infinity 7speaker system.  I wanted to add a sub. I used  a PAC high power converter after the stock amp to get my signal. It seems that I am not getting enough signal to the amp. The woofer plays but the stock speakers are just as loud and I have to turn up the bass which makes the stock speakers sound like crap. Has anyone had anything to do with this problem? I am thinking about trying a Line Driver to boost the signal.

warrenb 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

Oh and by the way I found this wiring behind the kickpanels if anyone needs to know!

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - DODGE / RAM PICKUP / 2005 / Audio

[PRINT THIS PAGE]
Radio 12v gray/red   +   radio harness
Radio Ground black and BLACK/ lt. green   -   radio harness
Radio Ignition pink / YELLOW   +   radio harness
Radio Illumination ORANGE / tan (dimmer)   +   radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A       
Power Antenna N/A       
LF Speaker +/- dk. grn/yel - dk. grn/lt. blue +,- radio harness or amplifier
Notes: The amplifier is behind the glove box.
RF Speaker +/- gray / YELLOW - gray/lt. blue   +,- radio harness or amplifier
LR Speaker +/- gray/lt. grn - gray/dk. grn   +,- radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker +/- dk. grn/lt. grn - dk. grn/gray +,- radio harness or amplifier
Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Sentry Key Part #: 555C, 556U, or 555U
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

I just did the same thing on a 2004, I asked similiar questions. I tapped into the radio at the recievier end. If you go after the AMP it may cause issues. The stock head unit will have an AMP on/off wire that powers the stock AMP (Hook up the AMP remote lead to this wire), Mine was a solid blue line. Then I tapped into the rear speaker lines and ran from there to the AMP speakel level inputs. I don't know where you mounted your AMP, I put mine under the drivers seat so the run was not too bad.

The color code on the back of the head unit was different from what I found here and online. however the head unit had a label that stated what wire was what. It was a bit hard to tap into them since the harness does not come far, however it sounds great. One screw under the hook on the right side of tha dash removed and pull and you have full access. (Nice not to loose my steeering wheel mounted controls as well)

I installed a custom box that fits under the rear seat - two 10" Alpine System E's and a Kenwood 9102D Mono AMP.

Good Luck.

Tampa77

warrenb 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks I will look into doing that off the back of the headunit. I mounted my amp under the passanger seat because of the electric seat motor on the drivers seat. I built my box custom to go on the floor behind the center console. I will mount a LCD screen on top of it later so the kids can watch a movie and not talk so much lol. 
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

Unsure of the AMP, but the 9102D was a good size and it fit w/ my power seat up or down all the way. Did you have to loose your Jack under the passenger seat? I kept mine even though I have AAA.

Quite kids = happy motoring...  ...Unfortunately my two year old is unable to grasp that!

Tampa77

warrenb 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Lol mine are 8 and 9.  But yea I put the jack in my tool box in the back of the truck. So it is out of the way. The amp is a sony explode 1000 watt. Cheap but I got it from a friend that had it hooked up on 4 tens and it would make them pound.  I put it on a Infinity 10. Now if I can get the sub valume up a little I will be happy.
mrksbrd 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

PAC sts in the manual for this line converter, that you may not need a converter w/factory amped system.

Quote: Some Chrysler/Dodge vehicles w/infinity premium sound system do not need any interface. If the speakers fade and balance correctly with this interface installed, but you have little volume, then you don't need this interface.

if you go to www.pac-audio.com, you can search there for a .pdf manual and it will point you in the right direction of what you need. If all else fails contact cust support

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic