icon

Looking for Clifford G5 RS sequence

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r4nd0m_ax3 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a Clifford Avantguard 5 into a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

I'm trying to trouble shoot the remote start side of things and thought if I knew what the system was looking for and what it is supposed to put out I might have a little easier time.

Right now if I have the engine running and try to use the feature that keeps it running for a set period of time (* button on remote) this is what happens;

1. Parking lights flash.

2. the engine dies.

3. I hear relays clicking, the guages do their startup sweep and the beeper beeps as if the key was turned off then back on.

4. number 3  repeats

5. seems like it gives up and everything settles down (engine still off, key in "on" position).

So, can someone tell me what the inputs are looking for and what the outputs are supposed to be doing?

Thanks

-Dan

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
have you remembered about the clutch switch? a 2005 scooby need the clutch to be pressed in before the starter will engage. You have to use a relay to bypass the switch when it is doing a remote start.
r4nd0m_ax3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Evolution-UK wrote:
have you remembered about the clutch switch? a 2005 scooby need the clutch to be pressed in before the starter will engage. You have to use a relay to bypass the switch when it is doing a remote start.

When I've doen this I have the tranny in neutral and hold the clutch in then I push the star button. But I don't think that should matter becasue it's my understanding that the feature I am testing ( i forget what DEI calls it) should leave the engine running so I can remove the key and leave the car. So unless I am wrong I don't think the car should be trying to start.

But that's why I'm asking what the sequence is.

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
When you are using "short stop" make sure you allow a few seconds for the parking lights to flash twice then come on steady before you turn off and remove the key from the ignition.  When they are on steady the intellistart has taken over and the key can be removed.  If it still shuts off you probably have ignition wire unpowered.
r4nd0m_ax3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

scirocco16v wrote:
When you are using "short stop" make sure you allow a few seconds for the parking lights to flash twice then come on steady before you turn off and remove the key from the ignition.  When they are on steady the intellistart has taken over and the key can be removed.  If it still shuts off you probably have ignition wire unpowered.

I'll check the IGN wire.

The engine dies while the key is still in.

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you have the intellistart wired after the alarms starter and ignition interupts. 
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

Scirocco is right you prably have the ignition wires wrongLooking for Clifford G5 RS sequence -- posted image.

Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
r4nd0m_ax3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking for something like this. any errors?

#########################################

Request for remote start exists (via remote or battery voltage/temperature thresholds exceeded)

H1/3 & H3/3 (Hood trigger input) monitored
H3/10 (shutdown) monitored depending on H3/1 (transmission mode) status
H3/11 (brake light input) monitored
H3/12 (RPM Input) is monitored (for running and/or over rev???)

parking lights flash twice then stay on <---what does a single flash mean?

H3/4 (factory alarm disarm) pulses?
Starter kill active to prevent starter damage by user

H4/4, H4/3 & H3/6 (ignition 1, 2 & 3) energize

If engine type set to "petrol" then 3 second delay or Wait to start signal ceases (H3/8 OR H3/9)

If engine type set to "diesel" then 20 second delay (delay is programable)

H4/8 (starter output) energizes for programmed pulse time

If engine doesn't start sequence tried again X times?

If idle for more then 30 minutes engine is shut off.

Disarm alarm.

Insert key and turn to run position
touch brake to disable remote start, engine will continue to run.

#########################################

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Are you shure you have a good tac signal?you didint say if the remote start works? youonly ask about the short stop featureLooking for Clifford G5 RS sequence -- posted image.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
r4nd0m_ax3 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

ringojam wrote:
Are you shure you have a good tac signal?you didint say if the remote start works? youonly ask about the short stop featureLooking for Clifford G5 RS sequence -- posted image.

I assume that the tac signal is working because the black jax portion of the alarm behaves normal.

I don't have everything hooked up yet. So the remote start doesn't work. Last night I tried the short stop feature again. I held the clutch in (because I don't have this bypassed yet for safety) and pressed the button on the remote. Lights flashed twice. Engine died. gauges swept twice. then the engine started. I removed the key and the engine died. I still haven't looked at the above suggestions yet (possible interupt between the RS ignition and the car).

The short stop is what I'm after. Full blown remote start is just gravy.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic