icon

Viper won't let me jump start car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
prk002 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
I let my car sit for the past 11 days and left my glove box open which I think is what killed my battery. When I try to jump start  it the alarm sounds and I cannot shut it off, and I think this is why I can't jump it.. There was a switch under the dash on the drivers side which I was told was some sort of kill switch for the alarm, the problem is I slammed that switch in the door a couple years ago and lost it. Is this switch necessary for me to jump my car, or could my battery be almost dead in my remote which lights up when I hit the switch but lights dimly, I haven't used it in over 2 years. The car is a 96 Dodge Stratus, and the alarm is a Viper, unknown model but was installed in 97. Thanks in advance.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
- Battery is probably dead in the remote
- Instead of jumping it.... charge it. Once the battery is fully charged, then you can go about getting the alarm to work.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
prk002 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2006 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks you two, I got new batteries for remote but car won't turn over. I think I will get a new battery for the car, that one is about 5 years old now it may be time!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic