icon

2003 Toyota Matrix with factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1fastgtp 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

I have the factory alarm, but it does not have a chirp or tone when turn off or on. My wife wants to hear the sound for her to confirm its on or off.

Is this possible ?

Please help

Thanks & Happy Holidays !

Oz, 03 Matrix Xr

10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

well, does the alarm goes off and does the horn chirps or not?  This will tell that you have a factory alarm or factory keyless entry.   It doesn't matter if you have an alarm or keyless entry.  You can hook up a couple relays to the factory horn and it will do the job.  Connect the lock and unlock wire to a relay and connect it to the factory horn.  Now, does your parking lights come on or not when you press lock or unlock.  If it does, how many times does it flashes on lock and how many time does it flashes on unlock?

connect Lock (-) to pin 85 and connect to pin 86 to parking light (+), connect pin 87 to Ground and connect pin 30 to factory horn (-) and ignore pin 87a...... Follow the same connections on the Unlock wire.

OEM Horn:

GREEN/ YELLOW (-)

STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power  Lock:

GREEN (-)

PASSENGER KICK PANEL *

Power  Unlock:

BLUE/BLACK (-)

PASSENGER KICK PANEL *

Parking Lights:

GREEN (+)

IN DRIVER'S KICK PANEL

1fastgtp 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2002 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

I have the factory keyless entry and it was upgraded to factory alarm. Neither one of them gave a honk when locking/unlocking or arming/disarming.

The lights flash once to lock and twice to unlock.

I will try going to Radio Shack tommorow and buy the parts i need.

Thanks and Happy Holidays !

1fastgtp 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2003 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by 10nesne1 on December 22, 2002

well, does the alarm goes off and does the horn chirps or not?  This will tell that you have a factory alarm or factory keyless entry.   It doesn't matter if you have an alarm or keyless entry.  You can hook up a couple relays to the factory horn and it will do the job.  Connect the lock and unlock wire to a relay and connect it to the factory horn.  Now, does your parking lights come on or not when you press lock or unlock.  If it does, how many times does it flashes on lock and how many time does it flashes on unlock?

connect Lock (-) to pin 85 and connect to pin 86 to parking light (+), connect pin 87 to Ground and connect pin 30 to factory horn (-) and ignore pin 87a...... Follow the same connections on the Unlock wire.

OEM Horn:

GREEN/ YELLOW (-)

STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power  Lock:

GREEN (-)

PASSENGER KICK PANEL *

Power  Unlock:

BLUE/BLACK (-)

PASSENGER KICK PANEL *

Parking Lights:

GREEN (+)

IN DRIVER'S KICK PANEL

I got the realys but i cant find those color wires that you mentioned, i took nice digital pictures of the wiring please email me, brau@att.net

Thanks

Oz

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic