icon

trick idea's for alarm systems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sprint_dddddddd 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

since i've put in my new alarm system and made use of the auxillary functions (turn underbody's on with remote, close sunroof with remote) i was beginning to wonder what other people have done along the lines of this.

i want to hear about or find a place where people have taken thier alarm systems and made use of some of the functions in unique ways.  Even if its not yours and somebody just asked you to install it, or you saw it on a friends car, whatever...i wanna hear about it

With that said, anyone got anything?

phidauex 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'm going to be following this.. I've got a Crimestopper with a trunk pop / aux button, but its a wagon, so no need for a trunk pop. I can take that wire, hook it up to a relay and do.. well, anything, but I'm just not sure what would be cool. :)
Sunroof is a good idea, maybe have it turn on the hydraulic pump and actuate the valves that make the back of your car bounce. ;) If you are into that kind of thing.
Anyway, lets hear some good ideas!
peace,
sam
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

When I worked at Circuit City one of the installers did this neat trick with strobes he installed in the headlights and tail lights. He wired them to a 2 way flasher so each opposite corner would flash in sequence. It was pretty neat at night. He wired it so you could activate it on alarm arm/disarm/aux1.

Some other guys have used the Aux channels to activate headlights.

On my wifes rx300 I used an aux channel from the 791xv to activate the defroster circuits and the defogger circuit. Pretty useful if you live in a cold climate.

Another channel turns on the heated seats up front.

Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
4 shaved door poppers independent, trunk pop, rear windows up and down, front windows up and down, remote start, radio turn on, sunroof open and close, used 13 aux channels on 1 remote :)
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
done door poppers, dvd player comes on with aux, wipers, headlights, windows, fogs, horn. still a few auxes to go waiting for the mate to decide
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
infinkc:
What alarm system are you using with so many aux outputs on one remote? Mine only has 2 aux so was looking for one with a few more. Also are the outputs programmable to pulse/latch/timed?
Powermyster:
What alarm are you using? I can't find many alarms with more than one or two aux outputs in the UK.
Thanks,
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
I've used a 3 second latched output timer on the 4th channel output of a customer's Viper 160XV to pulse the programmed in car garage door opener in the vehicle whether the vehicle is on or not so they can use the remote that came with the unit to open their garage door if the car is near it.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Air Horns(Fun to use to **** with people), Under Glow, windows/sunroof,lights, pop the fuel door. Posibilities are endless.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
Prices being as low as they are, I'm planning to use one in the house, to control two garage doors and arm/disarm the house alarm- Should be nice getting rid of the bulkier GDO remote I'm using, and be able to control the alarm sans keypad.
heathric 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Here's one for ya....
I just put a remote start on my Motorcycle.
2005 Honda VTX1800F, Hypercharger, Power commander, Viper 130XV.
The kickstand is set as the door trigger. with kickstand down,the viper thinks the door is closed, so I can't remote start it with the stand up. The main reason I did this instead of just not using the door sensor is because you have to open the door to program the remote.
Anyways, it flashes the lights, and runs for a couple minutes. Also has a tilt sensor so it won't start unless it's firmly leaning to the left (on kickstand)
The AUX button has a momentary solonoid that is connected to the throttle body. VROOOM, VROOOM by using the remote.
Start it up, rev it up, blink it... it's pretty sweet.
Over 120HP controlled by a remote. NICE !!!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic