icon

sound deadening?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
hey im about to deaden my 1998 dodge dakota ext. cab. im looking into doing the whole thing. Im wondering if you guys think i should get 100sq. ft of b-quiet ultimate for 225 bucks or 200 sq ft. of b-quiet extreme for about 225 bucks and doubling everything up, or should i get 2 dynamat xtreme packs for like 250 bucks or so which will be 72 sq ft. and do that. Weight isnt an issue and im trying to get more spl out of this for competition, thanks alot.  oh and i live in florida so heat might be kind of an issue. thanks
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a previous thread about sound deadening.  Take a look at the link rudeman gives.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Just what I was going to say, arrow12.   Here's the study:   http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
thats a great link thanks. also what would u guys recommend though 200 sq ft. of the extreme and double layer it or just 100 sq ft of the ultimate. thanks
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say go with the 200 sq ft of Dynamat Xtreme.  It ought to be more than capable by itself.  I'd also look into Second Skin Audio too.  It's a nice product.  Oh and stevdart...  I got to get my two cents in before the big guns like you come in.  sound deadening? -- posted image.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
well the reason why i was chosing between the b-quiet is because i can get each for about 200 bucks. 200 sq ft. of dyna extreme is gonna run me like 600 bucks and im not wililng to spend that much.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I've never seen much performance difference between b-quiet and dynamat products.  Or other similar products from other companies, for that matter.  I say use whatever is cheapest...
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic