icon

Got My Re SE 12

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
greg_jobes 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Well my RE SE 12" how been delivered, well it was delivered about a week ago. I'm just to embarresed to post pictures of my box just yet. It looks like crap, i really went wild with the liquid nails. But no air leaks what so ever. So i took some pics (got to show it off you know)
Got My Re SE 12 -- posted image.
Got My Re SE 12 -- posted image.
I had made a 2.5 Cu/Ft enclosure tuned to 35Hz, but the adhesive i used was kinda flaky and i didn't trust it, that and i had no sub sonic filter. So i made a new 1.2Cu/Ft sealed after displacment box for it, i'm running my JBL BP600.1 to it. I really can't see why anyone would need it any louder, it's almost to loud for me. I've got 2 people where i work wanting me to set them up a system now. So far i'm very happy with the RE sub, good money spent. I'm prolly going to get my components from them to.
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
Greg, I heard RE's do best in ported boxes. I own 2 12'' SX's. Bought a dual chamber dual slot box. I hit 141.9db. nothing big.
I plan on building a box to REs specs. They are big boxes though. I dunno.. just thought i'd drop a line. peace
SSounds
greg_jobes 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
Oh don't worry i'm going to be building a ported box for it. I have plans drawn up, just waiting to get a SSF. I've got the mdf for it and every thing. It's pretty much the same box as my old one, 2.5Cu/Ft tuned to 32Hz. I'm prolly going to start building the box this weekend. The sealed has plenty of output for me right now, but i figure i can get the same output using less power with a ported box. (somebody correct me if i'm wrong)I've got dimming problems and i'm to cheap (broke) to buy a new alt right now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic