the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Trailblazer locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

03 Trailblazer    Aatra 1000RS   Gmdl-bp

Installed a  a remote start in this vehicle 2 weeksago, it's been working fine since then. This morning I go out start the car, locks are pulsing by themselves, I don't have any control over them via the door switch or the remote on the RS

I reprogramed the bypass and all seems to be fine again, anyone else have this problem and could you possible shed some light on why it is doing this,will it happen again and is there a fix for it

rfd
ryguy 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
what by pass r u using ?  i use the crimestopper module it  a  envoy and the locks were  fine it was the security light on when u used the key only not when u remotly started the vehicle . the door lock worked though the odb-ll  pin 2 onm the  plug  should sodder the connection there make sure u have a static  senstive iorn thought could mess somthing up with the computer in the truck
MECP installer,technician
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

ryguy wrote:
what by pass r u using ?  i use the crimestopper module it  a  envoy and the locks were  fine it was the security light on when u used the key only not when u remotly started the vehicle . the door lock worked though the odb-ll  pin 2 onm the  plug  should sodder the connection there make sure u have a static  senstive iorn thought could mess somthing up with the computer in the truck

Once again in english?

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
sorry 
what by pass r u using ?  i used the crimestopper module in a  envoy and the locks were  fine it was the security light on when u used the key only ,not when u remotly started the vehicle . the door lock worked though the odb-ll data plug pin 2   on the  plug  . should sodder the connection there make sure u have a static  senstive iron  , could mess somthing up with the computer in the truck ,sorry if u couldnt read the other different key board than im used to .
uffdog 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

Trilogics GMDL-BP      For a 100 bucks I was hoping there would not be any problems with it.

It is hooked to the 2nd wire (purple ) in the OBII  plug,I used a crimp connection on it , I'll solder it tomorrow, I took a few easy steps and used T taps and crimps , seems to be working ok now, but I can't keep pulling it apart to stop the locks from pulsing

rfd
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
i  have noticed that on a lot of gm  vehicles the resistance if crimps makes things screwy . i use them to , it seems faster but not when u have to pull it apart a few times . i have use the crimestopper module and the dei 457g and both i had problems with . i fixed them but still they have problems ,
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

ryguy wrote:
i  have noticed that on a lot of gm  vehicles the resistance if crimps makes things screwy . i use them to , it seems faster but not when u have to pull it apart a few times . i have use the crimestopper module and the dei 457g and both i had problems with . i fixed them but still they have problems ,
  of crimps

godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
T-tabs add resistance, never use it in a bypass like that. Sodder all your wires. The quickest option is not always the best. I sodder all wires and tape them, even when using caps.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
T-taps belong in the same dumpster as crimp caps and Scotch-Loks..... preferably on fire as well.
They are not a reliable connection. At all. Ever. Plus.... they look like shhh under a dash..... learn proper connection methods that involve wire on wire. IDC are not quick and easy when a vehicle comes back in with a stupid, intermittant fault......
Now, on to the GMDLBP thing.... I have heard of a couple of them freaking out in this way. Reprogramming usually took care of it.... also... make sure it has a good ground. Try grounding the piece to the ground that is on the OBD connector. If the computer is referencing to that ground, then your data signal should reference to this ground. Gotta remember, this IS a GM, and as of late, they do not have the most stellar grounding out there. The piece of steel you may have grounded to may have become slightly less than ground over time....
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
uffdog 
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys!!!      I 'll solder all connections Monday , and reprogram the gmdl-bp, along with finding the perfect ground.

I  love reading all these tips you give out, I ve learned so much from them , haven't worked in a shop in over 30 yrs , I've been a flatfoot for 30 yrs,getting ready to retire and bought myself a toy to play with.

I still love working on cars and just replaced axles in my daughter's airhead boyfriends jeep. The putz thought all the grinding was a bad set of rotors ,not  busted cv joints!!!!!!   and he wondered why there was no power on the freeway   duh

I love reading and you guys are such a great group to learn from , learning is a fun thing.except for the few who throw digs at those that try to learn

I'll let you aLL KNOW HOW THINGS WORK OUT

rfd

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic