icon

97 Cavalier Parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marcheb69 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone, I installed a Remote Starter on my 97 Cavalier, and I got everything working just great, except I cannot find the parking light wire in this car!!! I can find the Brake light wire....but that's about it! Could someone help me??

Another quick thing, I had to install passlock bypass system, and sometimes my "ani-theft system" light comes on while I'm driving.....but it doesn't matter nothing...it still starts up and everything....why does it do that???

Thanks alot guys!

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) BROWN (+)  IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, under Carpet in GREEN Plug
Keith
streetdream 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
It is in that big cluster of wires going through the firewall or you can find it in the driver side harness going down the side under that panel that just pops off next to the seat. Or you can pull it right off the switch in the column.
MECP First Class
Bay Manager
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
I usually tap in at the Switch.......
You just have to pop of the top of shroud and Unplug ( If you want ) the Light Switch Plug & it is the only BROWN wire there.
I use a pointed tool to release the plug
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
For parking lights the easiest place to get them is the large connector plug in the driver's kick panel just above the carpet line. It's usually clipped in place. Test the wire with a volt meter as there are two dark brown wires in that plug and only one is for the parking lights. As for your Passlock system, did the problem only occur after you installed your bypass? If it did, then you may want to recheck all your connections into the passlock harness. If the passlock system sees a voltage change in the circuit while the engine is on it will trip a code and turn on the security light. You may want to solder the conections to insure a good connection. The problem could also be from your interface module adding resistance to the passlock harness or breaking the circuit at times. I am assuming you are using a module that cuts the yellow passlock signal wire. Certain modules fair better than others for reliability in temperature and vibration.
sparky
marcheb69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot EVERYONE.....All your info was soo helpfull!!! This is my first time on this website...and it won't be the last....answers were very fast...and reliable....Thanks again!
marcheb69 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to everyone who helped me out last time....but I still cannot find that damn wire for the parking lights for my remote starter!! I tried locating the brown wire in that green harness (driver kick panel)....that's not the one...I tried going straight to the harness at the switch....but all the wires are for seperate lights....front right...back left..etc...

What do I do now???? I'm having a really hard time guys!!! getting kind of mad over here!! hehe

toymotaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I believe streetdream is right.  I have always been able to find the Brown + parking light wire in the large main harness exiting out through the firewall.  It's about an inch thick and to the left side under the driver's side dash and requires some careful cutting to reveal the wires within the tape and loom.  There are a few brown wires in this harness so make sure to use a DMM to avoid damage to any other circuits.
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

for the parking light connection, you should be able to get at the radio harness....in the grouping of six pins/contacts i.e. the power portion of the radio connector, not the speaker wiring.  it still is a dark brown wire.  as for the passlock, i'd recheck connections as mentioned above.  hope this helps.

mark

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
There is a 23 pin plug in the driver's kick panel. You don't even have to remove any trim to find it. It may even be velcro'd or clipped in place. It has two dark brown wires in it. The one in the second cavity next to the orange wire is a 12 volt + parking lamp circuit. You can also get it on the very end of the blue plug that plugs into your turn signal switch. The top cover of the steering column is just clipped in place. Pull upwards on it to release it. Use a meter or test light to confirm the wire.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic