Speaker Wiring to Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blk04civiclx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I want to wire up 4 of my speakers:( 2 ) 6 1/2 inch components + ( 2 ) 6x9's full range speakers.

Is it possible to use my 2 ohm stable 2 channel 200X2 @ 2 ohms Amp?

If so, how would i wire them to get the most out of my amp..

Anyone's help would be appreciated. Thanks!

m.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
You COULD do this by wiring the left side speakers in parallel at the amp, and the rights in parallel at the amp.  If you did this, you would lose all fader controls, though.  What I would recommend doing is to use the amp to power the front components and run the rear speakers off the deck power for now.  Then when you can afford it- upgrade to a 4 channel amp and bridge the 2 channel to power a sub.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
geepherder wrote:
You COULD do this by wiring the left side speakers in parallel at the amp, and the rights in parallel at the amp.  If you did this, you would lose all fader controls, though.  What I would recommend doing is to use the amp to power the front components and run the rear speakers off the deck power for now.  Then when you can afford it- upgrade to a 4 channel amp and bridge the 2 channel to power a sub.
  Yep this is the best thing for you to do.
Big Dave
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

geepherder's is good advice, and...

blk04civiclx wrote:
how would i wire them to get the most out of my amp..

Never plan speaker wiring with this goal in mind.  Subs, maybe...but not the speakers that will play the critical mids and highs that comprise the other 75% of the sound.  You want the amplifier to perform at its BEST, not at its LIMITS, at all frequencies above the subwoofer range because the music will sound better.

DYohn did a nice informative write-up on speakers and frequencies in relation to how we hear in this past thread:  Topic: Frequency Cutup

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
blk04civiclx 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  

Well, if i were to wire them up that way, would it be over working the amp?  My amp is a audiobahn a4002t.

And I already got another amp for my subs so i dont want to use that one for my sub and get a 4 channel.

Should i just get another 2 channel amp for my 6x9s? 

16 guage wire would be fine to wire up these speakers right?
Your help is appreciated =D

m.
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  

if you have a 2ch amp, use it for the front speakers, and an amp for the sub and just run the back speakers off the deck. if you install 3 amps, you'll need distro blocks, probably a new alternator, and all kinds of other stuff. if i had that stuff sitting around- amp front speakers, amp sub(s) and run back speakers off the head unit. and if you mean 16 gauge from the amp to the speaker, yes, that should be fine.  hope this helps.

if your running amps and arent familiar with propperly setting gain controls, i highly recomend doing a search here on The12 as there is all kinds of usefull info on gains and how they differ from "volume controls".

**edited for missing words

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic