icon

carvox king eagle 2005 dodge dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
storkkel 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

i got the carvox king eagle professionaly installed in my 2005 dodge dakota and everything works except the starter, i noticed that there was a wiring harness left in my box meaning it wasnt installed, the wire im worried about is (ground when armed output to starter kill) do i need to have this installed or is it out for a reason

thanks, steve

rdlybeck 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

He did not hook up your starter kill relay.  This is not a must have but is nice when your truck is armed the starter wire is defeated so someone could not start your car.  Alse this can be an anti-grind relay, when vehicle is remote started and you get in and turn your key too far you wont grind the starter. 

Good luck with the carvox, I have had three quit working in cold weather.  Had to replace with different systems.  the internal relays are not made for the cold weather that we have in MN. 

Ryan Lybeck
"Wiring diagrams are nice but still double check with DMM"!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic