icon

Lock problem 99 Jetta

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ebsteve 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  

I am doing an install on my 99 Jetta and I "think" I found the lock wires in the door.  One shows power when locking and the other when unlocking but I am not sure how to test to make sure.  Basically what I want to do is put power to them and see if it locks and unlocks but I am not sure it won't fry them.

I am out of practice!

Thanks

toymotaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Does your Jetta have power windows?

ebsteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it has power windows.  I think I might have fried the 561R, I hooked up the door locks and now it won't do anything.  I tested every connection and they are correct and I unplugged the door lock plug. :-( and still nothing.
ebsteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
I also got the lock wires in the door since I have power windows. 
toymotaman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
Out of curiosity, what color and what polarity were the two wires you found as lock/unlock in the driver's door?
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

lock and unlock wires in this vehicle are in the driver door, lock is yellow/blue, and unlock is GREEN/ red they are negative trigger

you have to test these wires while turning the key in the driver door lock cylinder

ebsteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
05gt wrote:

lock and unlock wires in this vehicle are in the driver door, lock is yellow/blue, and unlock is GREEN/ red they are negative trigger

you have to test these wires while turning the key in the driver door lock cylinder

That is what I had, I tied them into the lock and unlock wires and the entire unit quit working?  They tested good and I went over the rest of the wires at the plugs and everything is rite but nothing is working now.  I doubt I will be able to replace it without buying a new one.  I thought I may have made a mistake but after checking it I don't know what caused it not to work.

Are the DEI units junk?  I used to use them when I was in the industry but I have been removed long enough that they may have turned to junk.  I think I might have got a bum unit.

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  

i guess it is a coincedence but I did exactly the same vehicle at work on friday, went into the door to get the wires and everything worked perfect, weird, I don't know what to say

do the locks still work when you press the button

does the DEI unit you put in have negative or positive doorlock control

ebsteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
05gt wrote:

i guess it is a coincedence but I did exactly the same vehicle at work on friday, went into the door to get the wires and everything worked perfect, weird, I don't know what to say

do the locks still work when you press the button

does the DEI unit you put in have negative or positive doorlock control

The DEI puts a negative pulse.  The door locks work when you push the button on the factory remote and with the switch and key but the DEI is not getting power.

ebsteve 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
I put in a new unit and it works great.   Now all I have to do the trunk wire and put the car back into one piece.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic