icon

CA670 Power Save Mode Feature

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deeve2 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
I just finished installing a CA670 in my 05 F150 SuperCrew and had a couple of questions. All and all the install went very well, however I am wondering about a couple of the features.
1st, what is the Power Save Mode? I can turn it on via the 2-way remote, but nothing in the Code Alarm install manual or owners manual says what it is.
2nd. In the owners manual it says I can silently arm or disarm the system by holding either the lock or unlock down for one second. Well, neither of these works. No matter how I try it the horn honks (the siren is not installed) when I arm or disarm.   I see that I can disable the confirmation chirps, but I would like the option of hearing it if I want or not when I get home late at night from work…got to keep the neighbors happy!
3rd. Sometimes when I check the status of the truck via the 2-way remote, shows 210F in the right corner, that is not the correct temp if that is what it is trying to tell me (there is a separate function for that and it shows the correct temp.) Once in a while a graphic of a thermometer pops up on the left side of the 2-way remote and some little box flashes under the graphic of the car, but I can't read what it says because it is so small.
Any ideas on any of these issues?
Thanks!
Dave
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

1. Power Save mode for the remote stops the remote from querying the car for status, thus saving on remote batteries.

2.Silent arm/disarm needs to be turned on/off during programming.  By default I think it's off.

3.The thermometer graphic may indicate low-temp start mode is active, I'm not sure.  If this feture is turned on in programming, it will start EVERY time temp in car reaches 0 deg. F. Not sure what 210F means.

Keith
deeve2 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. #1.. WIth the Powesave on would I still get notification of the system being activated?
#2...Is the manual wrong then when it says I can silently arm/disarm the system if I hold the lock/unlock down for 1 second? The Owners Manual also says I can shut off the confirmation chirps by turning the key on/off then hitting the over-ride three times. I thought this was all the time and the holding it down for 1 second was a per time basis.   Any idea what the option "Chirp Delete from TX" would be? It default to off..does it have something to do with this issue?
#3. Sometimes it pops up, others not. I think the remote is getting a mixed signal since the 0 degree thing is shut off via the control mod.
Thanks
Dave
kohara73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

1. I think you will get confirmation of commands only you send to the car, of the alarm is trigged.

2.Chirp delete from TX is the option to turn off chirps for arm/disarm.

3. Not sure.

Keith
deeve2 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
ok..so it appears there are two ways to cancel the chirps. Via the programming and hitting the valet switch 3 times after cycling the ignition on and off?
Thanks!
Dave
deeve2 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Did some messing around with it this afternoon and found out the Chirp delete from TX option allows you to either make an audible arm/disarm or silent it by holding the button down....so that is the feature I was looking for.  Thanks again!

Dave

kohara73 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

Yes that's the option I was talking about.  The ignition cycle thing will turn all chirps off all the time.

Keith

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic