icon

Locating tach wire, 01 sunfire gt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
codykachur 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for the tach wire for my 01 sunfire gt. I have searched the engine harness and have been unsuccsesful at finding the purple wire with a white stripeLocating tach wire, 01 sunfire gt - Last Post -- posted image..  I do have a tach in my car, so correct me if i am wrong but shouldn't there be a purple with a white stripe wire under the dash near the ignition harness? Also i was thinking of placing the siren on the firewall, is that a good spot for it? Is there anything that could get damaged on the other side, like the heater core?

Thanks in advance for you help.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

How about a white wire On the connector on the side of the valve cover on the drivers side...its an electronic distibutor

facing the plug its the bottom left pin

wwizard 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
you can also pull the tach signal from the injector wire aswell at a one cylinder reading
rksterling 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I am looking for the same wire.  What voltage reading should I be getting out of the tach wire?

joelw2005 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

guys i'm looking for that wire also on my 96 astro can any body give me a tip on where to find it or possibly use some other wire, I was told that it was in a black plug labled white behind the battery but i didn't see anything labled white.

jw2006
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
As someone already mentioned, injector wire is normally pretty easy to find. Look at the injectors and find the odd colored wire. Normally you when looking at the injectors they will all have a common color and odd color at each injector...just use the odd one at any injector.
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
voltage should float anywhere between two (1.5 withsome rs) and 3 volts ac at idle
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
For the 96 Astro van, the PCM is mounted on the driver's side of the engine compartment. It is the large silver box mounted vertically. On the case of the PCM, the connectors are labelled for their color. The color of the plug is visible when you pull it out. The connector at the top corner of the PCM is labeled white and contains one white wire inside it's harness. This is the tach wire. It is easier than pulling off the engine dog house cover to access the distrubutor.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic