the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

03' Trailblazer Remote Start Trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a DEI 551R r/s into a 2003 Trailblazer. I've done r/s before, but this job is killing me! I know it uses passlock 2, but I don't have the module yet. I hooked up all the necessary wires for it to r/s, but when I try to r/s it, the vehicle doesn't try to crank. I cehcked the starter wire during r/s, and it gets +12v. Anyone have any ideas or experience with this vehicle? All wires are hooked up correctly, I just do not have the passlock 2 module. I would expect the vehicle to at least crank over then die! One thing I noticed, the key ignition makes a clicking noise when I attempt to r/s as if its searching for a key. I tried putting the key in and not turning it on, and still no r/s. =[
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  

you need the bypass for it to try and remote start, the clicking you hear is proper but it won't start

with this vehicle, even putting the key in will do nothing

uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  

It's not going to start without the by pass module,just did mine 03 TB, use the GMDL-BP  1 wire hookup ,handles locks .arm disarm, perometer lighting ..

Piece of cake with these modules

rfd
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks you guys. Much appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic