icon

1997 pontiac transport factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crono_87 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
been having this problem for a while now... if anyone can help me i would appreciate it..
the factory alarm in my 1997 pontiac trans sport goes off without warning in the middle of the night, waking up my whole street and causing me problems in the morning.... this happens during rainy nights usually and water somehow gets to the electronics and the alarm arms by itself, even if i dont arm it.
Hoe can i just permanently remove the factory alarm from my van? is there a wire i can snip which will permanently shut it down forever?
any help is greatly appreciated!!
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
any help ?? :(
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
It may be a water leak or corrsion into the wiring. I don't know if it affected van as old as yours, but there have been a lot similar problems caused by moisture in the harnesses running along the driver and passenger sill plates under the carpet. Pop off the panel where the carpet meets the front doors to inspect the harness that runs along there. If you see any corrosion (Green stuff) on any wires that will be your problem. I don't know of any way of permanently deactivating your alarm. the other possible place corrosion occurs is in the plugs that connect the body to the doors. Pull the rubber conduit out of the body and pull on the wire harness. It should have connectors on it just inside the body to allow you to disconnect the wiring if you need to remove the door. Check both sides of the van. To lock the van without arming the alarm you must manually lock each door.
sparky
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
i think i know where the water leak is, its in the weatherstripping by my windsheild becuase its peeling here and there, but anyways, even if i get that fixed i'll still be nervous to park my van for extended periods of time.... it arms the alarm by itself even if i close the doors manualy.
so just want to yank out the alarm forever and put all my worries to rest... anyone know of way to do that??
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
maybe if i snip the factory disarm, or factory arm wire??
would this permanently shut it off maybe?
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone??
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I heard that grounding a specific wire from the alarm will shut it down? anyone know which wire this is and where it can be found for my 97 trans sport?
tampa77 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

ORANGE / Black (-) at the BCM above passenger's kick panel.

Grounding this wire will disarm the factory alarm, however I have never tried to permantly ground an alarm, may cause other issues.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Don't ground the ORANGE / black permanently as it will keep the BCM awake and kill your battery. If the problem is water intrusion causing a short circuit, it would most likely be shorting the RED / black wire that comes in from each door and goes to the BCM. This wire, when given a ground pulse will lock the doors and arm the alarm. I would still recomend you try and fix the van and not the effect. It may not be as hard as you may think. Remember I am only guessing what the problem is based on the info provided.
sparky
crono_87 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for your help... but even if i try to fix the water leak, i will still be paranoid to park my van anywhere over long periods of time unless i disable it permanently, i have had way too many problems due to the alarm and it has caused me no good in all the years ive had it.... so i wish there was just a way to yank it out, but it doesnt seem as easy as said! will cutting or grounding the arm or disarm wires diable it maybe? sorry i dont know much about alarms...or maybe if i find the brain of it, maybe i can take it out or do something to it to stop it from working?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic