icon

need input on components

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Esco1977 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking to put two sets of components in my scion xb. More than likely im gonna go w/ fiberglass door pods in the front,and im working on some trick ideas in the back.... there is not much trunk space in the back ...if u know the car...u know what i mean.So what do you guys think of these components, or do you think that there is something that will sound better w/door pods? Im gonna br running the 4 ch.memphis if that helps at all   thanks in advance

http://www.mbquart.de/en/produkte/car/qline/produkt.php?nr=qsd_216

youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
those look good i would go ahead and get them. i suggest bi-amping them so you can get the most out of them. one thing tough the tweet might gust be a little to bright for your taste. but i don't no your taste. most people like the soft settle sound of a fabric tweeter. those mids will be very good. mbquart is a good reliable company that you can trust. but dont settle yet there could be something you might like better.
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

Just be sure you like titanium dome tweeters, especially the quarts. These speakers can really shine if installed right,  but if you are unable to locate the tweeter accordingly, you may find them unfavorable.

Have you listened to them yet? I wonder if these are manufactured by Maxxsonics yet...need input on components -- posted image.

arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
How much do you plan on spending anyways?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Esco1977 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

im not loaded but anything within reason would be ok...... do u have another suggestion?

arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I was just trying to get a range.  I'll look around for some though.  One last question.  What do you consider within reason?  I know that there are people on this forum who would spend $1000 on a component set if they thought it was worth it.  I personally couldn't spend that much.  So do you have an approximate range?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Esco1977 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2006 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
i guess no more than 600 and really if its worth it
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
Those speakers are sooooo nice....they are real honest to god German made MB Quart, no Singakoreachinatiwanapore sweatshop made under armed guard speakers there. Good speakers like this need a good install. Do that and they will shine.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
jmacf14 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
 i agree with forbidden!!!   MB Quart is great stuff!  I am running the pce 61/2 "  seperates in the front of my 2003 suburban and I'm running JL Audio xr 61/2 " in the back doors, and they sound almost as good, and they are built in the same German plant as MB Quart!!  To make it all sound right, make sure that you have a great amp to power them, and properly set up.  also tweeter location is key!!       P.S.  If you have the Dough, get the Q series MB Quart  AWESOME!!!
jmacf14

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic