icon

Amp to interior speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crzy4507 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to run an amp to the interior speakers... someone let me know please
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
what other kind of speakers are there besides 'interior' speakers? What car do you have and is your stereo all stock or do you have any aftermarket equipment in there, besides the amplifier you want to install.
Jazzy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
crzy4507, it sounds like you need a short course on installation basics.  Start by going to Crutchfield.com and go to the learning center.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
memphis11223344 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
need more info!!!
6 memphis PR 15's sealed enclosure. indash mobile video system. alphasonik HC800PMA 3000 rms
MECP first class installer
crzy4507 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
ok... sorry people...i have a 12997 ford thunderbird... i replaced the factory speakers in the front with pioneer 6x9s and the back with 6x8s... i have a JVC stereo and i want to put more power to the those speakers... i have 2 lanzar amps laying around the house... both 2 channel 150watts and 100watts... if anyone knows how to put theese amps to those speakers, WITHOUT pulling all the factory wiring out and turning my car into a gian lego set... please lemme know... because this is also the car i drive to and from work and school almost every day... thanks
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

unless you mount the amps in the dash thats not possible. Neither is mounting the amps under the dash. Either sacrifice about 2 hours of your time which is the time it takes to do a good install usually then dont bother. By a good install i mean all wires hiddin and everything nice and neat. Youll need the amp kit and new  speaker wires, and if it doenst come with a distibution block youll need one to hook up both amps.

Make sure the rms on the speakers is close to that of the amps or higher dont over power the speakers they will blow. Use the 150 on the front and the 100 on the rears if they can take it.

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
You can run the outputs of your new amp to the factory speaker wires behind the radio- just disconnect them from the JVC first.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
hobobasher 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Good point. But either way will require running new wires and why would you run new wires to stock wires. You could but I personally wouldent. If your willing to go that far why dont you just go to the speakers from the amp. I would screw both amps to the back fo the seat the back speakers are right there in the rear so a couple small peices your half done. The just run the new ones to the front nice and easy.

Thats the way i would do it but thats not the only way
Also you dont have to rip out the stock wires just disconnect the speaker wires from the radio and tape up the wires on the back of the radio so they dont touch together. You could just leave them its no big thing as long as you dont have power going through them your fine.

crzy4507 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
ok... thanks alot people.... i think what im gonna do is go from the radio to the amp with new wires... then new wire from the amp to the wire harness... my friend helped me map this out... lemme know what you think
hobobasher 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Just wire to the doors. Whats the big deal? I mean if you do have a sdtock amp hooked up guess what youll fry it. Man just listen to me and run all brand new wires to the frotn door and the rear deck. The rear deck is right y the amps so its nothing. But just run new wires do the door and your safer that way. Just makje sure you disconnect the old speaker wires from the radio of if you used a plug to snap into the stock harness unplug it and be done with it.
I ran my wires on my explorer and its a 94 through the rubber boot on the door if i can do it on all 4 doors of that you certainly can do it to your t bird and you only have the 2 doors its easy. Then you know your wires are good and updeated and your just so much better off
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic