icon

04 hyundai sonata disarm wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Doing an install with a autostart 1725 on a 04 sonata. I understand there is no "disarm" wire.

But I read on the forum you can pulse the key sense wire with a + pulse?

Would you just hook the -disarm wire from the 1725 unit to a relay to convert it to a + pulse and then hook it up to this wire?

Or is there a way around this?

Any additional tips would be helpful.

P.S. Can someone post a DEI wiring guide for this vehicle. I found a DEI one for a 2003....

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
You have to trigger a relay with a ground when running wire so it outputs a (+) signal. Connect that to the keysense in the car.
If you want the factory alarm to still work, you have to lock and unlock the car with the factory remote. Problem is the factory remote doesn't work with the vehicle running. Hook up keyless to the aftermarket autostart. Use the factory remotes when the car is off, and use the aftermarket remotes when the car is remote started.
Go to directed.com and then choose Designtech. Choose wiring guides on the left. It will bring up vehicle wiring guides for you.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
You need Ignition, Accessory & Keysense ......RED / blue or lt. green  ( + )
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Sierra2700 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I don't need the factory alarm to work, I just want to be able to use the aftermarket remotes. So you think I should hook the ground out while running wire to a relay to convert it to positive and connect that to the keysense?
What if I want to unlock the car after it has been sitting for a while, will the factory alarm resume operation and disable the person to enter the vehicle?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic