icon

2005 durango locked up ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ryguy 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
 any one have any problems with one of these ?im having a problem tryed to teach the module the key codes and the truck locked up wont start . how do i get it to un lock and run ? do i have to reprogram the keys ? any info would be helpful . im useing a crimestopper module .
MECP installer,technician
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Look at the red dot that lights up in the instrument cluster.
Try to start it up, and then leave the key in the Run posistion....... is the light flashing or off?
Also, does the car start and die a moment after, or not start at all?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Does the truck still start and run with the keys? When you are trying to program the module as a key, turn the first key on for 3 seconds and then turn it off. Turn a second key on and wait for the first set of chimes to stop. Leave the key on until you hear the chimes come back on. Turn the second key off. Power up all ignition and accessory wires with a jumper to program your module. I don't know which module you are using, but most other modules must be held up right in front of the ignition switch while jumpering the ign and acc wires. If you don't get the second set of chimes, you are either not waiting long enough (5-10 seconds) or the body module is locked and won't allow any other keys to program. There were a lot of Durango's built this way. For some stupid reason Dodge decided you shouldn't be able to get more than two keys for the truck. If this is the case contact your dealer and they should be able to replace the body module so you can continue. They should do it under warranty from what I am told.
sparky
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
the truck will not start with ither the remote start or the key ,it just cranks over . i dont think the module i am using is programed correctly yet i figured that i would make the truck run with  the key first before i program the starter . this is the first one ive done in this type of truck so i dont have the  programing down pat.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
You could try checking for blown fuses and or disconnected connectors in the dash. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes to see if that clears the problem. You have a good idea trying to get the remote starter running with just a key in the ignition to start with. After you have that part done, then you can tackle the transponder interface programming.
sparky
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
i disconected the battery didnt do anything 4 me .  we will have to c what i can do tomarrow  we  will c . ill post my findings
ryguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys for all your info . happened  to be a bad box that i was using .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic