icon

2004 GMC z71 Clifford issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firefighter4x4 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have read many of the other posts on here about the wiring diagram for a 04 GMC. I am having issues with the factory alarm. I cant seem to find the door lock and unlock wires. I have a G5 with intellistart. Also can someone give me some guidence on the the passlock 2 combo interface. I cant seem to remeber the right number. Thanks

chris

ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

Well if you're talking about an 04 GMC pickup you're not going to find any lock and unlock wiring b/c it's Class 2 Databus.  I always use a GMDL-BP and it'll do your locks as well as arm and disarm of factory content security and also temporarily bypass your passlock 2 upon remote start.  Now obviously there's other options b/c there's a lot of companies that make separate door lock modules and separate passlock modules so whatever floats your boat.  Make sure you power up White IGN 2 that's a no brainer.  Other than that it's a cake walk.  I can usually do one of those trucks in about an hour start to finish. 

TechHead
supercruiser 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

I just did my 05 Suburban and used the crimestopper GM-U7 module, its about $30 bucks cheaper and will turn on the heated seats if the temp is below 32F

Jeff

Water collects in low spots
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
457G, GMDL-BP,  XK01.... any of theze will work....  XK01 and 457G will do heated seats....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
firefighter4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks for the heads up. I have the module that DEI makes. I think it is a 456gw. I know it is the combo. I am also having porblems finding the door triggers. I looked once again at the other post and the wiring diagrams that they had. I dont have the wires in the pins on the lt blue plug on the BCM. Is there anyother wires that i can tap into that come from the door?? All i have to do now is the find the door triggers abd the lock/unlock and i am just about done.
supercruiser 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

The door lock wires from the remote start should go to the data module, it should lock and unlock the truck thru the data bus.

Jeff

Water collects in low spots
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Some modules have the ability to monitor the doors through the class II data bus. The GMDLBP has a door trigger output to send to an alarm. It monitors both front doors. If the truck is a crew cab, the rear door pins can be found at the BCM in the purple plug. Light GREEN/ black in cavity A2 is right rear and light blue/black in A3 is left rear. If your module doesn't give door triggers you have to run wires inside each door and get the wires at the door module. Driver's side is gray/black and pass. is BLACK/ white. You have to diode isolate all wires.
sparky
firefighter4x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
ok i am following you. but one question....where is the data bus at that i need to tie into on the GMC?????????? ALso is there wires that come out the door that are door triggers????
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

the data wire is on the OBD test connector, second from the end VIOLET wire just like the instructions say....

no wires coming out, you have to go in, OR use the domelight OR use the XK01 which does the front doors and tailgate on data as well......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic