icon

2001 Sunfire remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rksterling 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a car starter on a 01 sunfire and I am having a few issues.  I have done many Fords but the is my first GM and it is different.

I was testing for the the trunk unlatch wire which is supposed to be the BLACK/ Wt wire on the BCM and now the remote trunk unlatch no longer works.  It still clicks on the relay in the fuse box but it does not work

Also the Horn does the same clicking noise (probably a relay) but does not sound the horn.

Finally the tach wire (White or Orange going in to the valve cover) only puts out between .3 and .8 volts AC.  From what I read it should be between 1 and 8 volts AC.  Will this white or Orange wire be sufficient Voltage for the starter.  There is another wire (green I think) going into the valve cover that puts out 30 volts AC but I don't think that is the one I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
The tach wire is white at the ignition module on the driver's side top of the motor. As for the rest of the problems, you may have blown a a fuse in one of the fuse boxes. The trunk release BLACK/ white wire is a 12 volt positive trigger through a relay as it is high current. The horn wire is black in the BCM's brown plug in B7. The trunk release wire is in the purple plug in A5. Your car also has Passlock II and requires an interface to allow the car to start.
sparky
rksterling 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Sparky,

Ok I fixed the trunk problem. It was at the connector.  And the horn was disconnected while in the body shop.

What voltage should I be getting out of the White wire at ignition module? AC or DC?

For the Passlock II, what colors are the wires coming from the ignition?  I think the bypass module requires three R-Code wires from the Passlock II

Is there a passenger unlock wire that I can use in the drivers compartment?

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
The tach signal is A/C voltage and will vary between 1 and 9 volts with RPM. If you take off the plastic shroud around the steering column you will see the Passlock II harness under the ignition switch. There are three wires: yellow signal wire, black is low reference and white is voltage supply. Most modules only need to hook into the yellow and black. The plastic shroud clips off the top half and is held in by 3 screws on the bottom. The tilt handle unscrews, but is held in with lock tight. If you want to configure the car for a two step unlock your unit must have this capabilty built into it firstly. The car can't do it own it's own.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic