icon

Valet 712T, 98 4Runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
helix6 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 98 Toyota 4Runner that I am trying to install a Valet 712T keyless entry system in, and am running into some snags. I don't have child safety locks, or existing factory alarm, just power windows and locks. First of all, I have seen some wiring diagrams around, but not a really good one, if anyone knows where I could find one, please let me know. Next, based on the wiring diagrams I have seen, my door lock system polarity is negative. I have seen the wiring diagram for a positive 3 wire system, what about a negative? Do I still hook the #87 inputs up to 12V+ and #30 outputs to the lock wires? Someone please explain how to wire my relay. I understand all of the other wires and how to hook them up, but the locks themselves are confusing me. Thanks.
helix6 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
OK. I posted a stupid question earlier... Hopefully this one is a little less stupid. I have a 1998 Toyota 4Runner (SR5, no child safety, as far as I know). I am trying to install my Valet 712T keyless entry in it and before I start cutting wires I want to know where everything is going. Here's my dilemma: I want to use progressive unlocking, and the unit has a second (-) unlock as well as (-) unlock and (-) lock relays built-in. I have looked at DEI's wiring diagrams @ http://www.directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1041.pdf and can't find specifically what I'm looking for. The last page of that document shows what I am trying to do, but it shows a seperate relay. I need to know how to wire the built-in relay to get this working... It has no 85 or 86 posts, but does have the 30, 87 and 87A. I'm just confused. The installation guide for the unit is located @ http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/valet/N712T_01-05.pdf. If someone could look this stuff over and give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. It just isn't clicking for me. Thanks.
Helix6
woodn01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2006 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
ok lets try this. i only have the wiring info for the 2000 toyota 4-runner. it should be the same but just double check the wires with a DMM.
the power lock wire should be BROWN / white (-) in the plug below the fuse box. this wire will meter while turning the key in the passenger door key cylinder.
now for the power unlock wire should be the GREEN/ YELLOW wire is the key cylinder unlock wire, the blue / YELLOW wire is the unlock detection wire. Use both wires and diode isolate. these wires should also be in the plug below the fuse box
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
TOYOTA / 4RUNNER / 1998 / Remote Start
12volts white - WHITE/ red   +  ignition harness
Starter grn/blk or black   +  ignition harness
Second Starter     
Ignition BLACK / YELLOW   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition blk/yel or blk/red   +  ignition harness
Third Ignition     
Accessory blue/red   +  ignition harness
Second Accessory     
Keysense     
Power Lock RED / white   -  10 pin plug, left of fusebox
Power Unlock RED / yellow   -  10 pin plug, left of fusebox
Lock Motor     
Unlock Motor     
Parking Lights+ green    white plug, front of fusebox
Parking Lights- RED / white    steering column
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger BLACK/ white   -  DKP, harness to rear
Dome Supervision use door trigger    
Trunk/Hatch Pin RED / white   -  DKP, harness to rear
Hood Pin     
Trunk/Hatch Release     
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm     
Factory Alarm Disarm     
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer black   ac ignitor or diag. plug
Notes: Ignitor is on passenger side fender well. Diagnostic connector is on drivers side top of motor.
Wait to start     
Brake Wire GREEN / WHITE   +  at switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger GREEN/ red   -  steering column
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
Valet 712T, 98 4Runner -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
No
Type:
N/A
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
for priority unlock, yes you'll need an extra relay. your unlock from he brain will trigger the relay to unlock just the drivers unlock motor. 86 & 87 = +12V, 85 = negative unlock wire from brain, 30 = positive unlock motor wire. test the unlock motor with a DMM. then your 2nd unlock from the brain will go to power unlock which is RED / yellow left of the fusebox

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic