icon

FM Modulator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
charlie_one 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
Have seen many posts on how crappy some makes of 12 volts FM transmitters are, so the big question are : which brand/model are good or at least aceptebel to use ¿¿
Ill just bought a "mobile" dvdplayer with 7" screen and ill want to use it in all my cars for playing mp3 and get the sound from videos in my carstereo, and must have something that is as easy to move around as the dvd.
Where the asphalt ends, the Pathfinder way begins.
/New nissan 4x4 saying /
Ps sorry for my halfbad english ds
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
I install the wireless FM modulators from Gryphonmobile.com and they seem to work great. With batteries(which make them truely wireless) The transmitting strenght is only as strong as the batteries. But hard wire it to a 12v source and you probably have the best Wireless FM modulator out there.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
derl 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
The shop bay that I just started running was using the wireless FM mods by Microvision. I decided to scrap all of them because at some point they are going to be undependable and that is when the customer comes back complaining. Works just like a radio station... sometimes you can pick up stuff 100 miles away and sometimes you can pick up stuff only 10 miles away. I understand your situation, but if you are going to leave it wireless, maybe putting it near the antenna on the dash (if that is where it is) or as close as you can for best reception. Not saying that there isnt a perfect wireless mod out there, I just aint seen it! Good luck!
Derl
charlie_one 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  

The model that you connect to your antenna cabel is the better way to go then ¿¿,  is that kind of modulator much more expensive or is it cheap enough to buy many of them and hardwire them in each car (got 6 cars + parents 2) ¿¿

Thanks for your answers !!!!!!

Where the asphalt ends, the Pathfinder way begins.
/New nissan 4x4 saying /
Ps sorry for my halfbad english ds
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the ones that plug into your antenna are the preferred way to go- these are actually frequency modulators.  The other pieces being referred to are not frequency modulators, but rather frequency transmitters.  The sound they provide is not as good, but some are better than others.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
derl 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Wired mods are not that expensive, it is just a matter of having to leave an RCA coupling where you can connect on in every car... not to mention having to pull and reinstall all the h/u. Best bet is just use the wireless.
Derl

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic