icon

2004 Honda Accord Door Panel Removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extreme_crx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  

Want to know how to remove the door panel on a 2004 Honda Accord 2-Door Coupe.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

I did one the other day,  and I am doing one tomorrow. There are 2 screws, one under the rubber mat that's on the arm rest, and the other is behind a plastic cap thats where the inside door handle is.  Once you unscrew those screws the panel is only held on by snaps.  I unsnapped it from the bottom.  Once all the door snaps are unsnapped You lift up towards the window.  I think the black triangle piece that is near the side view mirror might be in the way. That just pulls off anyway, it just snaps out. When the door comes off, you need to disconnect the lock cable on the handle.  The black cable unsnaps at the green plastic piece, the the cable unhooks just like a hood release cable. I don't know if you are trying to just change the speakers or run wires into the door for arm/disarm wires. But, this is what I do to get the wires in the door.  I remove the speaker in the door, top snaps out then the speaker slides up. I run the wires through the doorboot till I get to the molex connector. I Look for 2 empty spots where there are no wires, usually the top plug, top row.  I then drill the 2 holes bigger, just big enough to get my wire through.  now I need to drill the corresponding holes in the mating plug on the door.  I reach my hand into the speaker hole, and unsnap it and pull the harness back through the speaker hole. I drill the same size hole in the matching spot on the molex plug. I run my wires through, then I remount and snap everything back together. Make sure you have plenty of paper towels lying around, as well as some moist ones too. There is this white grease that gets ALL over the place. I even wipe down the wire after I put it trough the connector.

Good Luck, Frank

extreme_crx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks very much for the information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic