icon

how to perform clutch bypass.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
At a compeating shop, and installer named scott was pinned to the wall when the shop did this on a car and remote started it. Both his legs were broken. Don' bypass.
feenal 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Nobody said they were bypassing the safety features, but in order to install a remote start in a manual tranny, which is designed for a manual, you have to simulate the clutch being pushed down...
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

some cars have nutreal safety wires coming out of the tranny....there is nothing wrong with hooking them up to cars that have that....also cars and RS systems that have auto turbo timers work safely also......so just because some of u think that it is stupid to install on manual trans...some of us NEVER leave our cars in gear.  Hell my girlfriend doesnt even leave her car in gear.....

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

i have never seen a remote starter drive off unless u dont wire it in right like using a automatic in a standard vehicles thats y use a manual unit and i never had one to that to me any one else i know that have put in 100+installs so for this Always use the the ground out when (G.O) as the negative trigger on the clutch bypass relays,as it is only active during remote starts NEVER permanently bypass a clutch switch.do not attempt this if you are unfamiliar with the use of relays,and diode isolation.

dragon
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
someone (jeff or other mod) need to emphasize on the first post to indicate the method are meant for MT units ONLY, and to further clarify the REPETITIVE questions that goes in here.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic