Posted: January 16, 2006 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hello
Well I will start out with what I have installed already
Avic D-1
2 Pioneer 6.5" flipdowns with Pioneer wireless headphones for kids in rear
Pioneer 6 disc dvd changer
Pioneer 12 disc cd changer
Sirius Sat.Tuner
All of this is installed and working but I can not get the dvd changer to play a movie on the rear screen and have the kids listen to it via the headphones and not the car speakers. My wife and I wouldlike to be able to listen to the radio/cd while the kids watch a movie but we would also like to have the capability to watch a movie upfont also while parked.
I would like to know if anyone knows if there is some type of switching unit or something to make it dual zone. The d1 box said it was dual zone but I can not get it to work this way.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Kenny
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

The D1 does not do dual zone switching like you would like.  They make other units that do, but the D1 does not.  What you could do, is use the dvd changer in stand-alone mode with the remote that they sell and use a bunch of splitters to feed video to the two monitors and the A/V input on the D1, as well as splitting the audio to the D1 and headphones. 

Haze 08 wrote:
Hello
Well I will start out with what I have installed already
Avic D-1
2 Pioneer 6.5" flipdowns with Pioneer wireless headphones for kids in rear
Pioneer 6 disc dvd changer
Pioneer 12 disc cd changer
Sirius Sat.Tuner
All of this is installed and working but I can not get the dvd changer to play a movie on the rear screen and have the kids listen to it via the headphones and not the car speakers. My wife and I wouldlike to be able to listen to the radio/cd while the kids watch a movie but we would also like to have the capability to watch a movie upfont also while parked.
I would like to know if anyone knows if there is some type of switching unit or something to make it dual zone. The d1 box said it was dual zone but I can not get it to work this way.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Kenny

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic