icon

99 Chevy 1500 & 2003 Chevy Blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theicomman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

OK Folks. hope you can help me a bit. Gave my friend 2 car starters for x-mas. The first was installed in his 99 Chevy pickup. this is a stripped down, basic, no power anything. It will start and quit. I assume I need the bypass module. I read in other posts about using resisters also. What would be the best way to do this. he has 200,000 miles on it and uses it as a work truck only. He really doen't want to spend much on it.

Next vehicle is the 2003 Blazer. This is his wifes truck. I didn't start the install once we had the issue with the P/U. The blazer does have power locks and also remote entry. The vendor I order stuff from has a DEI-457GW. Is this what I need for this truck ?

I've done a dozen of these starters on Fords and Jeeps, and finally hit the problem ones. Hope you can help.

JAS

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
u will need a 555l for both trucks.. that is why it starts and then dies. the 457g is not needed for either truck and it wouldnt be using the unit to its full potential and wasting ur money on it
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
theicomman 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, Guess I'll order it in the morning.

JAS

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic