icon

AVIV N2 display options?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsmithsole 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2006 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

OK guys I know I'm a newb but I have a pretty simple question. I read through every AVIC thread and that brings me here. I am running an external screen in the dash (running like a headrest or overhead would) and I want it to display the source screen (basic screen with background image) When I set it to display "source" instead of NAV it goes blank and says no input? Is there something I am missing? For those of you with headrest and overhead monitors what do you have it displaying a majority of the time if not a DVD or NAV?

One more question, when I run the nav screen with the rear view or put it in reverse, the image doesn't come up on the external monitor. Any ideas as to why this happens? If  this is non solvalbe I was thinking to run an RCA switch and split it from the rear cam and the HU.  That way I can switch it and run the rear camera directly to the screen so I can have the rear view displayed all the time if I want. 

Any recomendations on a good RCA switching setup?

Here's a pic of the setup and thanks in advance for any ideas!

2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video
jsmithsole 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Well since I can't edit in thsi forum yet, yes I know I put AVIV instead of AVIC! AVIV N2 display options? - Last Post -- posted image.

If a moderator could edit that for me to save me some redicule that would be great!

2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video
jsmithsole 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

<<bump>>

Any help here guys, someone has to know my answers, there's so much knowledge floating around in here!!! Help!

2004 Maxima
Pioneer Avic-N2
JL Subs/Amp
Rear View Cam
60gb IPOD Video

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic