icon

2005 chevy silverado door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtbjunkie3 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Wondering if anyone out there can help me.  I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado getting a Remote Start w/ Keyless entry installed.  Everything works fine but the driver's door lock is not functioning now.  We've used a BYPASSKIT GMDL-BP to interface the locks.  This has happened to me once before but once I locked/unlocked with the factory remote it worked fine.  Not so in this case.  Any help would be appreciated.
roadshoptuner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

out of curiosity what type of remote/ keyless is the unit? If youre using DEI, i would recomend running the 457gw databus interface module which will control factory alarm arm/ disarm, lock/ unlock and dome light supervision through the diagnostic port. Not 100% sure, but i believe it is compatable with the 05, i just used the interface on a 03 silverado and it worked awsome....hopefully that helps a little.

~Brandon

mtbjunkie3 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
The Remote Start/Keyless unit is an AstroStart and using a module from BYPASSKIT.COM to interface with the vehicle via the databus... just like the DEI piece.
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't seen your problem before but disconnect the Violet data wire from vehicle and see if normal vehicle lock/unlock return.If not you have a problem in the vehicle.Is lock unlock is ok Try to reset and reprogram the GMDL-BP.Russ.
BigDog

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic