the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

R/S and Manual Trans.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

I have done quite a few Remote Starts in the past few years. I have not seen an occasion where a customer wanted one in a standard. I figure most everything will be the same as far as ignition wires and the standard connections. What I am curious about is the other safety systems needed to make these work in a manual transmission. Any help would be great. I install mostly crimestopper remotes.. Thanks again..

Ziggy

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
to be completely safe only use remote starts that are made for manual transmissions,  (ie: compustar makes them and there are a few other brands)
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
The install is mostly the same with a few exceptions. The clutch must be bypassed. There are a variety of different ways in which this is done. In some cases it just means you hook the starter wire to one side of the clutch switch to allow the starter motor to receive power. In other cases you must use a circuit to short out the clutch switch and still hook the starter wire to the correct source. You also usually need to hook up to the parking brake switch wire and also the door pin circuit. The parking brake circuit tells the remote starter that the car should be in neutral. The door pin tells the remote starter that you have opened the door, left the vehicle and then closed the door. The door pin also tells the remote starter that someone has entered the car after initializing the unit. The way most units work is that you engage the parking brake and shift to neutral. Activate the remote starter to leave it running without the key in the ignition. Take the key out of the ignition, open the door and get out. Close the door and remotely lock the doors which also shuts off the remote starter. You can now remote start the car unless someone opens the car door first which dis-engages the remote starter's ready mode.
sparky
sonicsi16 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

Some of the Subaru manual trans have neutral sensors...the car's ECU uses the information for something.  I installed a DEI RS that wasn't specifically made for a manual trans in my '03 WRX by using this sensor and the parking brake wire.

jacqueslacombe 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
 Well all NISSAN and MAZDA car have a neutral switch in a manual  transmission so I use this switch for safety with  automatic RS  but  i still use the parking brake for safety and the neutral switch  I need 2 relais to do the job perfectly  and i use a LED on the neutral switch to make sure it is not defect .
cocolaboy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic