Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcantu71 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  

hi all,

this one has got me crazy.

I've programmed the double pulse unlock and it's wired to the switch at the door but it's still not unlocking until I hit the disarm button for the 2nd time. It locks perfectly fine.

to program the double pulse I opened the door, turned the ignition on then off, held the valet button, heard the 2 beeps then tapped the button 8 times and held it on the 8th time, heard the beeps, clicked the disarm button on the remote which I heard 2 chirps, closed door, heard the bird sound chirps.

what am I missing?  I moved the ground wire of the system to another spot already. Can I wire another wire from the module to try to pulse the unlock a 2nd time?

thanks all!

97f150ext 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
you heard 2 beeps?  isnt the double pulse in menu one function 8 as in one light flash then 8 taps and hold??  I did two today and two yesterday and three out of the four were nissans that you had to do the same with the door locks, but I only got one beep for menu one.
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
it's not menu 2-8?  my manual says 2-8. maybe that's the problem!
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

I just pulled up the pdf online and it says 2-7. weird. I know another titan owner that used a 5 wire relay but I don't want to go that route.

97f150ext 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
hmm well the manual I just pulled up on directechs shows what you first claimed, thats what I get for thinking the manual for the 160xv and the 791xv were similiar
you shouldnt have to use a relay though, just sounds like the brain isnt storing the programming.
are you getting the long chirp after you turn the ignition on/off after programming??
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
no long chirp. I get the siren sound for a second.
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I soldered the connections and still no go. need help guys
97f150ext 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
if you can get it to unlock after a number of presses then you have the right wire for unlock, the only problem you are having is programming the unit.  if you have access to another brain, see if you can program it to work with the locks,  from time to time the units are bad
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
hey. thanks for the help. I don't have another one but I'll talk to the guy who sold it to me.
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a Titan yesterday.  Im sure you did all of this but incase you didnt, you gotta tap into lock, and unlock inside the drivers side door. The harness you need has 2 blue, and 2 red wires.  Make sure you meter on which ones are the right ones.  I installed a viper 160xv. im sure the programming is different for 791. No realys are needed.  IF the above has been done, and throughly checked i'd say the brain is cooked!!  
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic