icon

Viper, Ford superduty simplified

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snopro1 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

This was the instructions i used to install my 791xv in my supercab superduty. some info may change for other years but it will get you going in the right direction.. diesels will need to do a wit to start wire since i have a gas truck.

Pull your fuses out of the constant wire harnesses till you are done with the installation and ready to program. Connect your H3/5 BLACK/ WHITE neutral safety switch wire to your H1/8 BLACK ground wire. DO NOT GROUND UNTILL THE + connections have been made first.

you may want to install the supplied toggle switch for remote starter shut off somewhere in line with the H3/5
IGNITION HARNESS
(Most of these wires at the harness will be used for the following)
-Connect your H1/11 RED (18g) to the Lt. GREEN/ Violet (10g)
-2 large RED (10g) wires from the heavy gage inline connector key switch interface (HGI), and the large RED / WHITE (10g) (some harnesses this is already looped into a red wire on the HGI plug ) wires to the 2 YELLOW wires .
(I would suggest connecting each of these to each of the 12 volt constant wires.)
-Connect your PINK (10g HGI) wire to the RED / BLACK (10g) ignition wire that shows 12 volts when you turn your key on and continues to show it even during crank.
-Connect your ORANGE wire to the GRAY / YELLOW (10g) heater wire.
-Connect your PINK/WHITE (10g HGI) wire to the BLACK/ GREEN (10g)heater wire at ignition harness
-CUT the Factory RED / BLUE (10g)wire in half and connect your PURPLE (10g HGI) wire to the side that goes towards the starter. Connect your GREEN (10g HGI)wire that goes up to the key.
Smaller wires next..
-Connect your H1/8 BLACK 18g ground wire to the large BLACK 14g ground wire that is to the right of the steering column.
-Connect your H1/2 WHITE 18g parking light wire to the BROWN 18g at your parking light switch
-Connect your H3/3 BROWN 18g brake wire to the LT. GREEN wire located at your brake switch on brake pedal.
Door lock 3 pin harness
-Assuming that your truck has factory keyless you will find your lock wires in your door boot harness. Connect your GREEN door lock harness wire to the PINK / YELLOW 20g and connect your BLUE door lock harness wire to the PINK/GREEN 20g wire in the door boot.
Or may be found pass side kick panel.
-Connect your H1/7 VIOLET door trigger wire to the BLACK/ BLUE 20g dome light wire in your door boot or pass side kickpanel . This wire will show 12 volts when the dome light is on. To test this I usually latch the door with a screwdriver and use the dome light switch next to the headlight switch to turn the light on and off.
-The 791xv comes defult in tach mode but can be switched to voltage mode by a DEI installer if you choose . The tach wire you will have to run the H3/4 VIOLET/WHITE tach wire to the WHITE/ PINK wire Behind the gage cluster (center plug on cluster) or to the PCM on the drivers side fender. You will connect this wire to the WHITE/ PINK wire found in pin 48 of the 104 pin harness on the PCM.
-Connect Brown H1/10 siren wire to the red wire on your siren. ground the black.
Drill hole (9/32) for LED, and mount vallet/program switch.
mount shock sensors and other options at this time . (diesel wait to start ect.)
Place fuses into the units harnesses. Have the remote ready because the alarm may sound.
Program your unit per instructions and you should be done.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
errr.... ahhh.... thanks...... most of us here know how to install remote starters.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
hang time mazda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for posting this up. i have been in the process of installing the 791xv into my superduty diesel. i have been out of installs for several years and now jumping back into it with an install like this isnt too easy. last alarm i installed didnt have near this many wires to it. if you could, could you post the rest of your install so i know for sure which wires go where.

thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic