icon

stupid stealerships!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

a year ago i installed an Avital 4400 on a buddies 02 Dodge Ram. i used the + park lights.

Parking Lights+ BLACK / YELLOW    relay under hood at pwr ctr

now his park lights aren't working with the switch, just the alarm/RS. with some testing, looking at the dodge schematics and conversation over the phone (he's currently in maryland, me in missouri) we determined the fault to be the module controlling all the lamps. the BLACK / YELLOW park lights is #30 output of the relay. #85 came from the module that wasn't tripping the relay. dealership blames . . . the alarm/RS. go figure.

and on another  note. had a 99 corolla w/ 110,000 miles in yesterday that we put an RS on 2+ years ago. now the car isn't starting all the time, just some times. you can hear the solenoid clicking, but no starter turning. i measured 0.4 volts output from the solenoid going into the starter. i could get the car started easily with a 4ga wire jumped from the batt to the starter after the solenoid kicks in.guess what the dealership blames . . . the RS.

fixed someones climate controls in an 05 elantra a month ago by simply adjusting the cable while putting in an alarm. dealership blamed whoever put in her cd player, but decided to look at it when she said it was like that since she bought it brand new. determined a piece broken and told her they ordered the part. i'd like to have been the one to tell the tech that i fixed it for them.

sorry this turned into more of a rant. just tired of being the scapegoat. now i guess i get to spend quality time on the phone with a dealership in maryland

vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
That's dealership to you. Call the main headquaters of the car company and report their stupidity. They'll either get fired or do what you ask them to do.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

I get it too. Had a new Sequoia, the locks, 1 window, and most interior lights went out if i pressed on the back of the fuse box. I showed the dealer before we installed the RS. Customer brought it back a week later with no locks, one window inop., and most interior lights out. Guess who got the blame? The service manager says " This car is just too complex for your RS". Huh? We ended up taking it out....

Had a Highlander last week, did a RS. The fog lights don't work. The mechanic is stumped. I traced the problem to the BCM(we switched it with another Highlander). Service advisor wants to know how we are gonna pay for the BCM. I told him" we aren't! Show me some proof we did it and i'll cut you a check right now" His response, "they worked before you worked on the car and now they don't so i know you did it". I don't think so.

Had a GX470 we put a DVD in. After a year it kept blowing interior light fuses. I checked the DVD install, no problems. Car came bak 3 times, i looked at it 3 times finding nada. Customer was so pissed he wanted the DVD out! They of coarse told him it was us. The 4th time in i looked at it, found it blew a fuse every time i swung the left visor down. Yea, we did it...

I've had many Toyotas that we got blame for that just clicked when you turn the key . It's obvious the starter solinoid is bad but these stupid dealers aren't smart enough to figure that out.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic