icon

clifford g5, dome light delay, false alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stlyidklr 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, this thing is starting to make me mad.  It was working fine this morning until I got to work.  It chirps once to disarm, which is what it is supposed to do.  When I go to lock it, it chirps 3 times and the alarm sounds.  I don't know what the deal is. 
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like there is an active trigger. You will have to check all the tigger wires such as the door triggers and the shock sensor.
sparky
stlyidklr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2006 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
what am I looking for?  To see if they are all connected?
stlyidklr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
I am having the same problem as a lot of people with this dome light delay thingy.  I have an 01 nissan frontier crew cab.  The alarm works fine if I wait until the dome light goes out.  But, if I arm it while the light is on, the alarm will either go off or if it doesn't go off that time, it will do it the next time.  What should I do?
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
what is the model number of the brain....most units have a delay domelight bypass in the programming.....i need to know the model of the brain before i can tell u for sure.
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
stlyidklr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2006 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
It's the G5 Arrow.  I don't know the model number.  I'd have to take the dash apart to find out.
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
You're connected to the dome light output side of the SECU. Connect the doorlock input on your Arrow to the doorpin switch side on the SECU, diode isolate each input, and you'll be fine.
stlyidklr 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, here's what I've got goin on.  I have an 01 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab.  I am having problems with the alarm thinking that the dome light is a door open and sets off the alarm.  Now, I have the BLACK/ white dome light supervision wire coming out of the brain diode isolated to the GREEN/ red and GREEN/ black power lock and unlock wires.  I pulled this off the Nissan Frontier forum. (If equipped with factory dome light delay, use GREEN/ red(-) for the drivers door and GREEN/ black for the passanger doors. Diode isolate each wire! The RED / black may also be found in the drivers "a" pillar)  What am I doing wrong?  Is this not right?
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
You're connecting the door pin switch inputs to the wrong alarm wire. Your isolated door pin inputs should connect to the Green wire on your alarm (H1/9 - Negative Door Trigger Input).
Also you have one of the door pin wire colors wrong. The drivers side is as you said, GREEN/ Red. The passenger and rear doors are RED / Black however. Both wires can be found at the SECU under the dash by the steering column. If you have trouble locating the SECU, you can just pull the pin switch out of the doors and tap them there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic