icon

1996 Jeep- python 460 hp problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damicrobe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  

I just recently got a python 460 hp installed on my 1996 jeep grand cherokee laredo.  Right of the bat i noticed that my alarm was not going to work.  The installer took around 5-6 hours to install (I asked around and some said 2-3 hours tops  for installation).  I also bougth the fluorescent led . The alarm worked well for the first two days. then at night (as far as i have noticed) the alarm seems to stall.  The alarm seems to not recognize the remote, i keep pressing the button and nothing, unless i press and hold the button for 15-25 sec. then the car opens (unlocks)   When i try to arm the alarm, it only allows the led light (stock light) to flash and not the fluorescent card led ( as oposed to when it works correctly, both lights are seen) As soon as i unarm the alarm, the car seems to lock the doors (why?),  When i start the car, the door randomly lock ( i was told they should lock).  Again this only happens randomly and usually at night when the temperature is low. although it works well during the day?  I looked under the dash and i saw the little box (brains or module) not screwed down but rather hanging (is it properly installed)?  could it be the fog, weather, location (cant see many antennas around), or just installation?

I went back the to the installer and i was told it was the antenna receiver, it seem to fix the problem, but then again yesterday, all the symptomatic problems appeared again. Is the module not properly installed, bad ground? I am going tomorrow and i'm pis*ed. I will be asking for a full refund or a new alarm.   What could it possibly be the problem? any suggestions greatly appreciated.

the Microbe

bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
i will say, if you went to a busy shop. 2-3 hours will NOT happen on any alarm, or remote start. By the time people deal with things. THe alarm should be secured safely. and usually hidden with wires loomed up or ran/hidden with factory wiring just for the annoyance of criminals. basic dei systems have ignition lock and unlock, so when the ignition is on. the doors lock a few seconds later. When the ignition is off, the doors unlock just afterwards. as far as holding the button down. if you have a 2 way system (didn't even look up the model) then that's normal. You have to hold them down for a second each time you hit the button or you get the infamous and quite annoying : BEEP BEEP BEEP :
The other thing is the battery in the remote, New or not. Alot of these things have been @ dei for years =) *or so it seems* so when you get a NEW battery with your remote it's really like it's been on the shelf for 3 years waiting for it to be stuck in the alarm you bought. hold the unit to your chin and see if you get better reception. IF you do.. probably your battery.
also, your antenna signal can be blocked by metallic tints (sometimes your strip along the top has this)
Anyways. don't get too mad at people that didn't do you alarm either...
treat everyone there nice and i garuntee you'll get what you want.
go in yelling and you might find it takes 10 hours for your next install =)
damicrobe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

what I have noticed though is that theproblem only happens at night.  So it has to be the temperature drop, which might cause the problem.  So I will probably go back to the shop for a new one or probably get my money back.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic