the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

03 vw passat, i lost keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dudek38 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a new head unit in a 03 passat and lost keyless entry, is there a bypass for this? what should i do?
owner of
Motion Marine & Car Audio
the florida keys
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
How did you install the head unit? With an adaptor harness, or a hack and tap method?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
dudek38 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
i used the metra wiring harness, i dont hack unless theres no other option. i didnt see any other connection for the keyless entry. there are many more connectors on the rear of radio than the new metra wire harness, which leads me to believe the keyless entry was left out. the question is " whats the fix"?
owner of
the florida keys
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Humm, thats definately a stumper.  And it all works great when you put the factory unit back in?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
dudek38 
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i didnt put the old back in? i was hoping this problem occured to someone before and there is an explanation. im assuming the radio swap made this happen
owner of
the florida keys
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
I believe there is a wire in the factory harness that ties into the factory alarm. Unfortunately, I cannot recall which wire it is off the top of my head, just throwing that in, hopefully it'll jog someone's memory or send you in the right direction.03 vw passat, i lost keyless entry -- posted image.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
dudek38 
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
now the owner says he lost dome lights, power windows and some other stuff. i must see if i popped any fuses, but i think the stereo removal has something to do with it.
owner of
the florida keys
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
1) Check your fuses. You may not have popped one, but you may need to remove one, and replace one to reset the system
2) Don't use the blue wire in the Metra Harness.... you don't need it.
The factory alarm will work just fine without the factory radio in there. The "mystery" wire is actually the "K" line for the car.... a diagnostic wire. The only thing the radio has to do with any sort of alarm is if it is removes while the car is armed, the alarm goes off. If you look carefully at the clips that hold it in there, you will see a microswitch on one of them.......
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
I knew I'd seen a VW guru hanging around here somewhere
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
dudek38 
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
yes, you gotta love them, i sure do. i spoke to another vw guru today and once i told him my symptoms, he spit out "courtesy fuse #17". im working on the car at 10am monday. we'll see.
owner of
the florida keys
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic