icon

python remote start, 2001 tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djmatt123 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, thanks in advance for any help with my question. I have installed a python 880 xp in my 2001 tahoe and everything is working except the remote start, I believe the problem is trying to find the wire for the tach. The programming for the alarm has a setting for voltage sensing rather than using the tach, but it never tells any more about it. Can the tach wire be connected to an accessory wire and change the programming options to electric monitoring or am I missing something in the install manual? Thanks agian for any help.
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
did you switch it to voltage sense if you did then leave the tach wire disconnected and try to remote start it. if it still has problems starting you are going to have to hook up the tach. hope this helps
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  

a tach input on the tach wire is alot cleaner signal and will start to car much cleaner......try white wire

The ECM (Engine Control Module) is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover.  On the 4.3L, the tach wire is at pin 20 in the connector labeled red.  On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the red connector

Where theres is a wire there's a way.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic