icon

Air bag light on Accord 94

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cristigil 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

I was doing remote starter in this car and everything was working fine,then the air bag light came on. I think that light came on because the horn wire is in the same air bag plug. Probably when I tested the wires. Any ideas how to turn that back to the normal? Thank's in advance.

flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Unfortunately I don't have that answer, maybe someone else will come along with that info. But,  I do know a possible reason why it came on.  You'll need to double check your ignition wiring. On those cars 94-96 you need to make sure that you have the Ignition 1 wire(BLACK/ white) and your ignition 2 (yellow) are getting power from the remote start during crank. I believe the light comes on specifically when the yellow wire gets powered as an accessory(no power during crank)  instead of a ignition. Double check you wiring, before reseting light.

Hopes this gives you some insite on the cause of the problem.

Good luck, Frank

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  

try disconnecting batt.......also....did u use a DMM.....testing the wire should have not have caused a AIr BAG problem.....

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
cristigil 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
I already tried disconnecting the batt for couple  minutes but , the light still on. Do you guys know  another way  to reset this light?
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
1. Verify and make sure the ignition is switched OFF.
2. Connect the 2 pins in the MES with a paper clip or metal object.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON.
4. The SRS Indicator Light should come on for 6 seconds and then go off. Remove the (paper clip) within 4 seconds of when the SRS Light goes off.
5. The SRS Indicator Light should come back on agian. Reconnect the (paper clip) within 4 seconds of the time when the SRS Indicator Light comes back on.
6. The SRS light should go off. Remove the (paper clip) from the MES connector within 4 seconds of the light going off.
7. If the process was succesfull, the SRS Indicator Light will blink two times.
8. Turn the ignition switch OFF and wait 10 seconds.
9. Turn the ignition switch ON and the SRS indicator lamp should come on for 6 seconds and then go off if all the codes have been successfully cleared.
10. If the SRS Indicator Light does not go off, repeat the erasing the DTCs procedure. If after several attempts to erase the DTCs the SRS Indicator light stars on, use blink codes to help locate the problem in the SRS System. Inspect and make sure that all the components and electrical connectors are properly installed and connected.
11. Once the DTCs have been successfully erased, reinstall the yellow MES connector to its holder in the fuse panel.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
cristigil 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

My costumer just brougth the car last sunday and I have deleted all codes.Thank you guys.Air bag light on Accord 94 - Last Post -- posted image.

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
also if u ever run into lights on a honda.. when u pull the batt, pull the hazard fuse and the backup fuse under the hood.. this is straight from a tech
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
we had a check engine light come on in on a 02 civic that a customer bought used.. the check engine light came on while metering ignition wires so we called up honda and thats what the tech told me to do.. it reset the light but after the first start it would come back on.. turned out to actually be something wrong with the car and not the install but we wanted to see what we could do ahead of time
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic