icon

05 Tacoma Remote Starter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nokia15291 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

I installed my Crimestopper Rs-999TW1 and everything is working fine except for one thing:

The system is supposed to lock the doors when I drive off...I always here the relay clicking but sometimes the doors do not lock.  Seems to only happen while truck is running.  I have problems unlocking and locking doors while truck is remote started, but doesnt happen all the time.  It works all the time if the truck is not running.  I do not have my ignition, dome light, or parking lights circuits hooked up because they were not needed and I thought this was messing up the system.  But apparently it is not.  I even tried a new unit with the same problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  BEsides this everything works fine. 

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

Bad or weak ground?  Check your gnd. wire at the end that connects to your remote start for resistance.  Should be 0.

Keith
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Does the 999 have On-Board Relays for Door Locks??
Or is it just a 2 wire Lock & Unlock?
If just 2 wire, you may need Relays for stronger GROUND for Door Locks
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it has on-board relays and I even installed additional relays on both...still same thing sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I moved the ground wire to a different location.  I can here the relays clicking in the unit itself...just doesnt lock and unlock all the time..
ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
check the connections on the lock and unlock wire... did u t tap them or solder?
Eye am so re todd did.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

They were tapped but now soldered...still same issue...

Im really beginning to wonder if my remote is not working correctly...im gonna try my other one and see what happens

nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
well yeah still doesnt work right...any ideas?
indyaudioguy 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

The RS-999TW1 actually does not have on-board relays for doorlocks.  If you hear clicking, it may be the parking light flash relay, which would flash the lights once for lock and twice for unlock.  Do the parking lights flash when you hear this clicking? 

The possibility of an insufficient ground on the module, and the insufficient current supply from the transistor driven lock wires on the module were both good suggestions, and still sound like possibilities.  However, that unit offers IGNITION CONTROLLED DOORLOCKING as an optional, programmable feature.  It has no way to know when you 'drive off'.  Your doors should lock when the ignition is turns on, and unlock when it is turned off.  If you hear relays clicking while you are driving, there is another problem! 

If the ground is good and if you have installed RELAYS to perform lock and unlock, and if you have programmed the module for double unlock pulses, you may have a defective module.

Anderson Electronics, Inc.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
There are a few different lock wires on the new tacomas. Did you go to the ones that go to ground when you push the switch, or the ones that go to ground when you put the key in the door. The door lock cylinder wires are the best way to go, and will work wether the car is off or on. If you are tagging a doort rigger at the same time as lock for your rearming, the car may not lock all the time because it doesn't want you to lock the car with the keys in the ignition.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2006 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

OK...I found ones that seem to work...blue/white for lock.....and for unlock....hmmmm i forgot which one i used..hahaha...but it seems to be working well

I found a wire on the driver's side that only requires a single pulse to unlock all doors..that is what i have been using for the past few days w/o any problems

THank you everyone!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic