icon

Boston Acoustics G21044

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danddcustoms 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

I have purchased 2 Boston Acoustics G21044 subs.  These are 4ohm Dual Voice coil subs but only have one set of Posts on the sub itself.  Wondering if anyone has used these subs and looking for the best way to connect them.  I am currently looking at a Hifonics Brutus BX1605D amp.  Looking for suggestion before I purchase this amp.  This amp is a Mono Block amp but has 2 positive and 2 negitve speaker connections on it.  If anyone has used these subs or used this amp, any suggestion or input would be greatly apprecieated. 

Thanks

Dustin

Dustin
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Please clarify.  If the subs only have one set of posts each, then they're single voice coil subs, not dual.  The connections on the amp are just for flexibility.  Internally, the positives are connected together, and the negatives are connected together.  It's just so if you want to connect each sub to it's own set of outputs you can.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
danddcustoms 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  

The subs are dual voice coil but Boston is using a new technology called SureSet.  The subs have one set of post on them but has 2 voice coils from each post.  There are 2 standard ATC Automotive fuses below the post to select from parallel and series wiring. 

Boston Acoustics G21044 -- posted image.

Boston Acoustics G21044 -- posted image.

With both fuses installed the sub is at 2 Ohm.  If you take one fuse and put it in the center the sub is at 8 Ohm.

More info can be seen at the following link.

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/manuals/G2_Man.pdf

Dustin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic