icon

Remote start selection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djreiswig 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to locate an inexpensive remote starter without an alarm that is a 2-way unit with an LCD remote capable of being used to activate 2 starter units (2 vehicles).  I was looking at the Crimestopper 1805-FM.  It has all of the options that I want, including the driver door priority unlock, and the 2 vehicle option.  I cannot locate any other starters that will do everything I want.  Does anybody know of anything else?  I would like to try and find one on eBay, but there isn't anything like this on there.  Thanks.
bazzgazm 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
Just so you know, check the warranty on the item you are purchasing on ebay. Most of them are grey market and not covered by ANY manufactuers warranty. Problems that could occer.. GOOD DEI units with bad relays, I.e. ignition 1 relay stuck closed. car keeps starting with no fuel =) no good.
air bag lights comming on, no good
Check engine lights comming on, no good
4wd transmission problems in gm cars =) no good
anyways. you get the drift
if that happens with an authorized dealer the unit is covered (and most good installers check these anyway before you leave the shop).
not to mention, most good units are sold installed only through their authorized dealers.
Ebay is cool for some things, just know what you're getting into.
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I know the dangers of buying things from private individuals.  I try and check the feedback before I buy, but I know that is not a sure thing.

As far as an installer, I will be the installer.

Thanks for the advice.

Do you know of any starters that will do what I want?  Forgot to mention, I also would like one with onboard relays so I don't have to mess with them.

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure what your idea of inexpensive is, but the Prostart 3400TW sounds like a good option for you.  It has LCD screen, 2000 ft. range and two vehicle capability. No alarm.  I have seen the odd one on ebay, but not many.  It retails for 200 CDN but it sometimes goes on sale.  e.g. This past Christmas it was 50% off.

www.prostart.org

Keith
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
That one looks pretty good.  I found their US page.  They are called Autostart here.  I think it is the AS_2520 TW.  Thanks.
djreiswig 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  

Only thing I don't like about that one is the way the 2nd vehicle function works.  You have to hit an extra button for each command you send the vehicle. 

The Crimestopper has a selection thing that shows on the display what vehicle number you are sending commands to.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic