icon

audiobahn A8000T amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hogstamogsta 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
well it says that single voice coil theyre 4 and dual voice coil theyre 2 or 8, so you think that amp can handle a 1.34 ohm load?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Okay...now is the time you should sloowww down, read over what was already told to you, digest it.  Or do what I do when I start getting frantic;  go take a shhh and think about it.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
hogstamogsta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

yeah but i dont know much about this thats y im askin for help man

eklipz17 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know why you're determined to get a 1ohm load, but those subs and amp isn't a good match. First, you can't get 1ohm out of 3 4ohm dvc subs. Second, the amp doesn't say it's 1ohm stable. Only 2ohm and 4ohm. The only way to do the sub and amp combo is use 2 of the Pioneer subs, wire them to the amp in a 4ohm load. It'd be 400watts to the subs. You can't get a 2ohm load out of 2 4ohm dvc subs, so 4ohm is your only choice.

I'd say get a bigger and better amp. Audiobahn is a bad choice.

Wire the subs like this http://www.lightningaudio.com/latech/wiringwizard/2_4ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

jlord16 
Silver - Posts: 322
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  

Here are your wiring options for the 3 subs

Option 1 (series/parallel) = 2.67 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 2 or 1 ohm mono
audiobahn A8000T amp - Page 2 -- posted image.

Option 2 (parallel/series) = 6 ohm load
Voice coils wired in parallel, speakers wired in series
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 4, 2, or 1 ohm mono
audiobahn A8000T amp - Page 2 -- posted image.

You should run them at the 2.67 ohm, 6 ohm would give you alot less power.  I doubt that audiobarn amp could handle 1ohm.  BTW i think wen pioneer give the DVC specs at 2 or 8 ohm they mean that each voice coil is 4ohm so the independancew load can be either 2 or 8ohm for each speaker
Clarion DB36MP
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
hogstamogsta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  

ok thanks guys

hogstamogsta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
i have an audiobahn a8000t, its a one channel 800x1 at 2 ohms, i have 3 pioneer ts-w306dvc's wired at 2 ohms, they are 400w rms and 1000w max dual voice coil, so im guessing the amp is at 2.6 ohms because i dont think the subs will drop down to 2 ohms, anyways i cant seem to get it to sound real good, can any1 tell me what i should do wit it, where i should have the lpf crossover turned at and should i have subsonic on/off, help please i need it to hit hard
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
If those are dual 4's and you've got them series-paralleled, it's at 2.66 like you said.  Is the enclosure you're using designed for those subs?  If not, you'll want to remedy that first.  Start with around an 80 Hz low pass crossover point.  If you're using a sealed enclosure, then you don't necessarily need a subsonic filter, but it may not be a bad idea.  If it's adjustable, set it around 20 Hz.  Now do a search in this forum on gain setting and make sure that's good.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
hogstamogsta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
yeah unfortunetly it is in a pre-fab sealed box, which dosent help me much and not to mention i did the dumb thing of buying 3 instead of a simple 2 or 4, but i think i need to get a bigger n better amp like ive been told
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic