icon

Alarm goes off when car is remote started

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with the alarm I just installed.  I've had the code alarm ca-145 installed in my car for a while with the 425a brain.  I just recently picked up the 535 so that I could add a remote start to it.  However, when my car is armed and I try to remote start it, the alarm goes off, claiming that the trunk pin is what is setting it off.  The remote start works perfect with the alarm disarmed.  I tried testing my trunk pin and wire going to the brain for any signs of anything wrong, but its tested out fine.  The trunk pin works fine with the regular alarm, knowing when its open, closed, and even waits to arm until the trunk is closed.  Could it be a defective brain or has anyone else had a similar problem?  Thanks guys!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
On Audiovox product, the hoodpin and trunkpin are both treated as one security "zone."
Since the Code Alarm CA series is made by Audiovox, it's likely that they work the same way.
Is the hoodpin installed and wired up? What happens if you temporarily disconnect it?
If you don't bother to arm the alarm, will the remote start work then?
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
its prolly a dome lite trigger seting it off.
disconnect the dome lite wire and see if that works
black78ta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

The hood and trunk pin are both part of the same security zone, but they register differently on my lcd pager.  The pager specifically says it is the trunk pin setting it off.  If i disconnect the hoodpin, everything is still the same.  It remote starts when the alarm is disarmed, but the alarm activates as soon as the remote start is engaged when the alarm is armed.  Also, I noticed that if I remote start my car and then arm the alarm, my pager says that the trunk pin is open for a few seconds and then it closes the circuit.

kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any way to measure your trunk wire for voltage or ground during RS?  If so, try it.  Maybe the trunk light gets activated momentarily when the car is started?
Keith
nattopdog 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
On most Audiovox alarms there is a way to wire in a relay to by pass the alarm while the vehicle is remote started. It should be in the manual but if not tech support can fax you the diagram for it.
black78ta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  

I tried checking it to make sure it wasnt grounding out and all of my tests showed it wasn't showing ground when remote started.  Its all kind of weird if you ask me.  I've never had this problem with any remote start system I've installed before.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic