icon

Bypasses & dead batterys

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

Ummm well with my guess a gm-bp would have to be reset if the battery goes dead on the car correct?  Unlike a chdl6-pk2 where that i belive should not have to be reset.  Anyone got any ideas.  I just had my first dead battery call and now the RS wont work.   Also if that is the case do most of you charge for this. I know nothins free in this world but it could turn the customer off if u tell them this before the sale that there is a charge for resets.    Of course its always our fault  LOL

Snapper

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
May not be the ByPass......Maybe the R / S Reset & needs TACH or other settings.
Usually if it is within 6 months, I will not charge for Reprogramming or Resets
If it continues, because of cutomer, then I will charge.
Better to take care of a simple problem then have the customer be told by Dealer that R / S is the problem with dead Batt.........
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
tintman97 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

i dont belive it to be the the RS tach mars 22.  Same brand You use i think.  useing a dbpass23a  for the bypass.   Hmmm

Snapper 

lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ya, it seems that on the non tronsponder bypass (GM paslock 1+2), you need to reprogram the box after power loss.  The "auto" setting gets lost without power.  Transponder by-pass are programmed into the cars computer(security) and is remembred.  Don't know why they can't put in a diode and cap to keep memory on the passlock mods for 20 or so minutes to change a battery.  The "old" dial in ones don't lose their setting, the price of inprovments.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
I experienced that issue with the PL-DATA units from a few years back. If I knew ahead of time they had this problem I would have chose an alternative. I seem to remember trilogix tech support denying that it can happen but they were full of it.
Steve G
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
GMDATALL, 457G are both part of the lose their mind if the battery is disconnected crowd. We leave them pretty acessable, takes 2sec to reprogram, no biggie.
Gus
PS: Really miss the 455 and 456G doorlock pieces.... hook them up, and they work, no programming necessary
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic